Anyone completed Biketransalp?

I was expecting long climbs but not that gradient…
So you can expect every day to has climb(s) of 1000-1400 meters with grades around 20is %…

• Focus on fuelling, on the stage and also after and before. Feed zones are great and you can find a lot of natural food, my favorite was potato with lot of salt… after the stage just fuel and rest… I was caring 1L bottle and 1.5L USWE and I’m not sure that 1L would be enough…

• Almost every stage has neutral start and that is a very chaotic so if you are not chasing results I would suggest to go easy and calm

• For a training spend a lot of time in the saddle and work on your endurance.

• Have a great bike fit and make sure that you don’t have any problems because any small problem will become gigantic after 40hrs in 7 days

• equipment : don’t risk… take with yourself CO2s but also pump and the tools, use robust tires and teach yourself how to repair common things

• work on your descending technique… there will be everything from bike parks, wild descents, roots, stones, but there will be a lot 30ish minutes gravel descends, and I saw a lot of people in ditches… because on a long gravel descent you have to have focus all the time because every hairpin is different and it is so easy to lose a front wheel

2 Likes