Am I overtraining?

Ooof. A lot to unpack here.

If you are truly overtrained the only solution is no training. Switching to a lower volume won’t get you out of the hole, just dig it with a smaller shovel.

How long ago was that week without a bike? How often do you take weeks off? That probably was enough to recover well from a mid-vol base so I’m thinking overtraining is not the thing.

Going from virtual to real power seems like what has probably done this to you. I’d recommend first testing. Take another ramp, try an 8 min a few days later, then another ramp…you are really just getting into training with power and i suspect your FTP is off and thats why you are struggling with workouts.

Overtraining even the easy rides feel hard - what do you fail, what do you pass?

Finally - that is a rough schedule. We sleep at about the same time but I have 2 more hours of sleep. Drive 86 miles each way most days and I did these plans. I’m not pushing anything but keys so I’m feeling for you. Sleep maybe a factor - add an hour for a week and note how rides feel.

3 Likes