Aging cyclists - why do we do it?

I just turned 56 and really enjoy reading all the replies. Jan 2020 started trainerroad," Great Success!" on the low volume plan. I was worried about recovery and it was fine. I also do my MTB ride Saturday with my buddies. Bought a road bike, trainer just to do TR. . April 2020, the wheels feel off my training. All the MTB races I was training for got cancelled. It turned out to be stress, even though I did not feel stress. Local MTB race series is happening this year! I dreaded starting TR again. I loved my Sunday road bike ride outdoors and did not want to give that up to be training inside. The thought of grinding it out in the garage on the trainer had me thinking “Why am I doing this?” again. I now do my Sunday ride outdoors as one of my TR plan rides. 2 indoors, one outdoors, and my Saturday MTB ride. I am loving my outdoor TR ride and live near the ocean with long flat stretches of road (PCH). Maybe switch things up. Even if it means you loss and few % of possible gain but gain a big boost in fun/motivation/enthusiasm it is worth it.

2 Likes