Adding triathlon plan to calendar without run/swim workouts (Feature Request)

Also useful for duathalon competitors who use tri plans then delete all the swim!

3 Likes

Sorry didn’t see this post before but I’m a +1 for this feature… I understand that the bike workouts fit with the rest of the plan but allowing the removal of workouts would just add another level of flexibility for duathletes, those with their own swim/run plans and time crunched atheletes

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a tri plan to my calendar, but only add the cycling workouts? I’ve just been using a cycling specific plan and adding my other workouts, but the cycling plan isn’t really intended for 70.3 racing. I’m not interested in using the swim and run planned workouts from TR and have a mental block seeing them on the calendar when I’m not going to do those ones.

2 Likes

You can add the half distance plan and then just delete the individual workouts from the calendar - it might be a little time consuming but its really simple. I’m doing a similar thing at the minute as my body won’t take three runs a week.

I asked for this back in Sep. When adding a tri plan it should show check-boxes for bike, run and swim, then only add the required workouts. It’s a hassle to have to go through the calendar deleting a bunch of workouts.

From reading on here it seems most triathletes do their own thing for the runs/swims, so I’m sure this would be useful to plenty of people.

4 Likes

It’s not possible at this time, however, this is a feature that we intend to add in the future :+1:.

8 Likes

I would like a feature where I can add only the bike portion of the tri plans to the calendar. I have my own swim and run workouts and I want to add the bike portion. I’ve already added the runs and swims myself manually. So either I have to add the whole plan and delete all the swim and run workouts or I have to look at the plan and add the bike workouts individually.

2 Likes

I’m using my own run program and swim sets from my swim coach. It’d be cool if there was a bike-only version of the plans.

1 Like

I merged this thread from the desktop.

• (@Bryce, I am still having the issue that doing a thread merge doesn’t work on mobile via the Discourse app).

This ties in also with the request to choose which workouts to include or not - duathalon competitors want just bike and run but not the swims

4 Likes

+1 for this future feature request, this would be really handy for me as I would like to only use TR for the bike portion of my triathlon training.

1 Like

+1 here for me. This year I’m adding running to my cross training and really like the Tri specific run workouts.

1 Like

+1 from me for duathlon and dropping swims.

5 Likes

Also +1 from me. I would love to see (new) features for triathlon users keep up with the bike only plans / users!

1 Like

+1 also from me

1 Like

+1 from me too

+1. Best would be to be able to delete disciplines and also to have different volumes for different disciplines. In another thread there was a mock-up screenshot as example.

4 Likes

+1 for sure. Also, I know this is a long way off but ability to sync run/swim workouts from external platforms (for example I do my run training through Final Surge and customize the work/schedules to fit with my TR training) would be fantastic and make an already 5 star product damn near unbeatable. Keep up the great work TR team, you guys kick ass!

1 Like

I mocked up a simple way to add plan volume selection or sport removal in the editing stage. My example below would be choosing the TR low volume bike plan, the high volume TR swim workouts, and it would import no run workout. Then users can add their own running plans. Obviously some may want to do the same with the swim etc.

9 Likes

This would be excellent, I am not a mid volume cyclist because of time but I can get more runs in.