Adaptations for Getting Older

• That’s not really accurate. It’s currently addressed (as it has been since TR implemented the change to applying the shorter SS workout on Sundays) by listing it in the weekly notes. It lists a mention about dropping intensity for Sunday with a specific Z2 workout suggestion for the rider to use if they wish.

• It’s better than nothing, but Nate knows it’s less than ideal. That’s why he’s acknowledged that he’d like to implement some better way to access and/or flag this option so riders can chose appropriate to their preferences and needs.

• I think you have a rather negative take on this.

• I see it as less about retention of athletes within TR, and more about giving them an option they are more likely to actually do vs one that was widely skipped in the past.

• I don’t claim to know what’s “best” here (and we should all admit that it is a loaded word with more than one interpretation given the wide range of athletes this covers), but if doing something is better than nothing, I see this as in improvement to do SS over skipping longer Z2 which is the trend for inside riding from all I have heard.

• That all assumes the rider is able to handle that harder but shorter workout within their training life, so if that is NOT the case, something else may be in order. Hence the option I covered above that TR has for now at least (weekly notes).

3 Likes