57 year old with max hr of 202, is it wrong?

Bad strap!

FWIW…

I am 42/
My max HR running is about 202.
For a long time I though the max HR on the bike was about 192…
Recently I got 194 or something for a short period of time.

In your case, i would chalk it off to a faulty equipment. But if you see this more often than once, then it might be a thing.

This has been debunked for a VERY VERY long time.
So its BS and absolutely no one should be using this.

Glad to hear your ablation was 100% successful, are you pushing into max HR when cycling? I’ve had a bad spell and went back on some drugs but hoping that there was a lot of outside stress and trying to wean off them now !

Impossible to do at max effort, heart rate drops in seconds afterwards.

My entire family has had a-fib and ablations. Both my brothers required a second one before it stuck, but they had success the second time around.
For myself I never push to max HR. But I’ll do VO2 and anaerobic efforts without issues. I have noticed that when life stress gets high (or I have too much coffee, beer or dark chocolate), I can get the odd glitch in my rhythm. i actually have a device implanted where they can check back and I’ve never had an episode, it’s just a normal flutter. But I am aware of it and change my training accordingly that day, I figure why push it. Note I am not a racer. I am a guy who does longer MB events because they are fun and it gets me off the couch in the winter. So my hard efforts are more about getting me up punchy MB climb vs. trying to stick with the lead group in some high intensity race.

Hopefully yours settles down!

1 Like

Have you tried changing the battery?

Sometimes when batteries run low they deliver uneven current at the end of their useful life. It’s inexpensive to try if the battery is not new or you haven’t tried that.

1 Like

My ride yesterday recorded a max of 196 at my age of 54 and at no time did I feel that I was going to blow. I regularly run with HR in the mid 170s for extended periods or average over an entire ride. I have brought this up many times with my doctors, including cardiologist because family history of heart conditions. He’s not worried, I am not worried it’s just the way I am.

1 Like

By the way did you drink more caffeine than normal on that day? It’s known to elevate heart rate.

If you are nearing or at peak fitness it could be ‘working’ but a trip to the primary doctor and an annual checkup is wise at this age.

Good luck.