4-6 weeks till CX – What are you doing?

This week is the week 8 recovery for MV Short Power Build, but I have been doing them mostly outdoors which has yielded more endurance miles at the beginning and end of the workouts for additional TSS. I have added in some unstructured mountain bike riding for substitutes for weekend rides and recovery weeks because I want to enjoy myself when traveling to mtb country. Put in 600+ TSS weeks the last 3 which is pretty high for me on a consistent basis. I had one CX practice race last week otherwise I have not touched the cross bike yet. That starts this week for the recovery week.

This week I add in the cx bike with some skills rides for the recovery week and then at the tail end of the week I have the opportunity for a big endurance mtb day plus 2 downhill days. Then into the specialty MV plan with 1 CX practice a week and probably an additional skills ride. Race season starts at the end of week 2, and I was planning on peaking for November state championships but now I am moving in October and trying out a new cross series mid season so I’ll just be looking to get the best results I can as early as possible and see what my goals are in the new location.

My fitness right now I think is at the peak of last season which was the last race of the year, so I am hoping I still have some gains to set in from this last push on the build and the start of race season efforts.