2023 XC Bike & Equipment Thread

Yearly

1 Like

So, Iā€™ve accidentally stumbled upon the best hydration pack set up for XCM racing.

Ecoc make a hydration vest which is super light, super comfortable, and super stable. I bought the 3L + 1.5L to carry mandatory gear, but to be honest I suspect the 1.5 + 1.5 is plenty adequate for racing.

Combined with a raidlight 1.8L bladder, which is significantly wider than the standard 1.5L bladder available from all the brands, and the same height. This means, filled to 1.5L, or whatever you like, itā€™s less of a tube feeling like having a bottle jammed in there.

Iā€™ve got two USWE and the Evoc, I have also tried the CamelBak vest. Iā€™ll still use the USWE for training as itā€™s a heavier material that should be harder wearing (and I donā€™t take a bladder for many rides unless itā€™s both long, and steady, and warm).

1 Like

Whats everyone using for sealant this year? Any reason to switch from Orange? I ordered some Truckerco to try in my trail bike since their brake pads are so good, but not sure i want to chance it in one of the race bikes yet.

Iā€™ve changed to Muc Off. Ammonia free and seems reliable so far.

1 Like

Stans for me. Iā€™ve yet to have a failure.

I am considering a tubolight on the rear this season. Iā€™m a bit of a Clydesdale and wouldnā€™t mind the extra security while racing my hardtail.

1 Like

I swapped to Silca last year and it ate my rim tape in that whole debacle. I donā€™t know if theyā€™ve substantially changed the formula since but I theyā€™ve lost my trust.

I plan to use Orange Seal endurance for training and regular for racing.

2 Likes

huh. I used stans for years and due to lack of planning on my part and shop availability, I bought some MucOff and Iā€™m not a fan. Itā€™s messier to deal with and I donā€™t think it plugs holes as well. My two cents.

1 Like

Nope

5 Likes

I suspect Stanā€™s, especially Stanā€™s Race, probably does fix holes better.

The Muc Off is thicker so I can understand what you mean. Stanā€™s is pretty gross when itā€™s spilled, so I guess itā€™s swings and roundabouts.

Iā€™d like to try Orange Seal but itā€™s not available. I had issues with my last refill of Stanā€™s forming noisy boogers after a very short time. I guess that is a good indicator for how well Stanā€™s works as a product, but it was a messy nuisance to rectify.

New Bike Post!!

Epic EvO pro. Shimano XTR and Fox

Hump

21 Likes

Looks fast!

1 Like

And light! Whatā€™s the weight?

3 Likes

So you went for it? Cool!

Iā€™m guessing that weight is without pedals or cages?
(Trying not to compare to my Blur TR and completely failing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Just went and weighed my Procaliber. 25 pounds with cages and pedals.

And also a carbon seatpost. Soā€¦ add another pound with my dropper. And I donā€™t have a rear shock!

1 Like

@wake

I had initially wanted this build, but was told that it probably wouldnā€™t happen again.

So I went down the route of possibly getting the SWorks frame and building myself.

Then my shop called and said this one popped up on the Specialized website.

Told him to get it.

Hump

1 Like

And yes, no pedals or cages.

Hump

1 Like

Did you get rid of the Mach4?

1 Like

I had a hard time comparing the Blur and Evo as wellā€¦ so I bought both. :crazy_face:

N=1 so just my opinion but while I really like the Epic Evo, I LOVE the Blur.

3 Likes

@mailman Still have it, changed the front fork and replaced the rear shock. Rear shock is the new model, and it doesnā€™t work. When I go into a hard g out type roller, it pops the canister.

We are going to see if we can get the older version fixed.

Iā€™m selling the Trail429

Hump

1 Like