2023 - the year to buy bikes?

Well I cannot get the 5k bike in my size, so that is still an availability issue, no?
And if there isn’t a suitable bike in my size or budget, that is still an availability issue, no?
If we think back to being able to go into a bike store and order a bike in a multitude of sizes, at a spec and price point that suits the customer and having it delivered in a time manner (say 8 weeks), well those days certainly are not back where I live.

41 - 42 minutes into the Stage 3 Tour de Suisse commentary kind of is relevant to this thread.

In my area bikes are still hard to come by for what I want. I did get a large Epic Evo expert though in early Feb this year and while I love it I have only been out 10 times due to work and my location to trails. I just ride my Tarmac much more and considering selling it as I can get pretty much my $$ back at this point.

1 Like

I resubmitted a frameset to them a few days ago that I’d first submitted a month back - the offer dropped around 30%… note said the market is cooling or something like that. I still took it because it’s easy but could be a sign.

1 Like

Seems like most shops around me are getting an influx of the $800-$1200 bikes that is their bread and butter, your entry level bike shop hard tails and hybrids. The distributors don’t seem to be getting flush with parts yet though.

1 Like