2021 Races & Rides -- Go or No?

Sad but probably the right call

I had Bentonville on my list

From the cancellation email for the first 3 events, that one was being rescheduled due to a conflict with the rescheduled Sea Otter date:

ā€œdue to the jumble of postponement dates, Sea Otter has rescheduled on top of our traditional Oz Trails Off-Road weekend. In order to encourage togetherness when we all need it most, we are working to identify a non-conflicting 2021 event date.ā€

4 Likes

I should have read the email they sent me more carefully. Bentonville has a TBD for 2021. So might yet go ahead.

1 Like

I had hopes for Leviā€™s and the Truckee Dirt Fondo this year. Hoping those guys can pull off the Prospect ride in Carson City in Sept. Tahoe Trail 100k in Northstar is also on my radar but itā€™s in July. Iā€™d say slim odds it happensā€¦

Iā€™m thinking Cross season in the fall will happen. I have a gravel bike but I mean itā€™s technically not a cross bike so seems like a good excuse to buy another bike!

1 Like

Have you ever ridden gravel on a bad saddle and crappy tires? In a three piece suit? Thatā€™s why the car was so successful. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hereā€™s Dr. Roshonā€™s take (the USAC chief medical officer).

This basically echos what Iā€™ve been thinking.

2 Likes

Hmm curious if BWR in SD will be postponed with it coming in May. My training has relaxed a bit thinking races/events will be moved or canceled.

I was pretty optimistic in the late fall/early winter about events happening in the summer this year given how the cases dropped pretty low last summer and with the vaccines coming out, but Iā€™ve definitely lost a good chunk of that optimism based on how high the cases have gone (which will be a higher starting point than where things were at last summer), the new more contagious variants and the utter shit show of vaccine rollout here in Canada. I have rollover/deferred races scheduled for the beginning of July and the beginning of August then I signed up for Ironman Canada at the end of August - - maaayyybe the end of August will be okay? Itā€™s really going to depend on if the vaccine rollout can actually get some solid momentum going (and the vaccine manufacturers quit their non or reduced shipments).

600,000 vaccinations given in the UK on Saturday when our goal was originally 250,000. Estimate to getting every adult a vaccination is moving back all the time which is amazing, I am sure in the UK we will see a return to racing late spring early summer, in the next 2-3 weeks our deaths should just nose dive as everyone in the vulnerable group will have had it and had enough time for it to be effective.

4 Likes

Did you see the e-mail this morning? July 18th for BWR SD. had the other event dates in there as well. Adding Lawrence, KS on Halloween.

Ron

I did, thanks! Kind of bummed as I signed up for an event which falls on that weekend (High Cascades 100). Didnā€™t expect BWR SD to be the same so now will decide on deferral to Cedar City.

I had April in my calendar as when I need to start expecting racing. Looks like it will be just that!

1 Like

Anyone purchase event insurance?
I am trying to find out what is covered

Thatā€™s awesome! Canada had 15,000 on Saturdayā€¦ :unamused:

Looks like I need to sell 2 BWR spots, CC and SD, dates wonā€™t work for me now, lol.

The one thing our government has done well is get us lots of vaccines.

2 Likes

Same boat BWR SD

I actually got my money refunded for both.

How did you go about doing that. I have reached out but no response.

They had posted on their FB page i think to reach out to this person for refunds.

jrehany@events.com

1 Like