2019 USAC MTB Marathon National Championships

Ride with GPS Course Map

Hey Guys! With 2019/2020 MTB Marathon Nationals in my backyard, I thought I would start a thread for those of you that may have questions about Palo Duro Canyon. So hit me up here if you are coming and have a question. I will do my best to answer based upon experience riding PDC.

Off the top of my head - the terrain is hard packed or loose over hard packed with the occasional sand trap/spots. So fast rolling tires like, Ikons/Racing Ralphs are pretty popular with some liking a more bitey tire in front. Personally run Ikons front and rear, but thinking of trying some Aspens since Jonathan loves them so much. Will keep you posted if I try them.

For weather - plan for it to be in the upper 80s/low 90s that time of year with a very dry heat. We are talking 0% humidity. Plan to hydrate a lot and often. Dehydration is very easy here.

Let me know if you have any other questions and let me know if you are coming! Be fun to do a TR meetup of some sort. Speaking of which - Is anyone from TR coming? I can tell you that it would be good from a marketing standpoint. Based on Strava, I am the only TR user at this time in at least a 3 hours radius. Be nice to get some other converts.

Peace

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: MTB Marathon US Nationals - Info Wanted