2019 Pivot Vault

Nice!

I was going to look into getting a front suspension fork. Apparently you can run a Fox suspension on the Vault (all models)?

If you are looking for less weight and cost, the Redshift Sports ShockStop Stem is great. I have run it on my Boone for gravel for years, and I consider it essential and a perfect match to the rear IsoSpeed on the frame.

1 Like

It’s a very comfortable bike. The IsoFlex definitely takes the edge off, but it’s not as obvious as I expected - if that makes sense.

Looking forward to getting more time on it. So far I’ve only logged about 125 miles.

2 Likes

I’ve got one on my build, really digging it. I haven’t settled on which elastomers to use. The stock ones were too soft and I swapped to the firmest combo, which is too firm.

Shockstop up front and IsoFlex in the rear is a cushy combo for motoring on gravel and broken pavement.

1 Like

I had a fork on my last Vault occasionally, and I’ll do the same on this one too.

2 Likes

So the Shockstop stem works? My LBS is cannondale, and considering the Topstone, but it’s really handlebar compliance I need (hand issues). Might be enough to get me over the line of the funky wheel dishing…

1 Like

It sure does for me, and all the customers I’ve sold one. We’ve sold around a dozen and never had someone dislike it.

It kind of disappears under you because the motion is mostly subtle, but it really takes the small vibrations and make them much less noticeable.

1 Like

Another happy Shockstop user here. I have a steel Otso Warakin so no suspension anywhere. With the Shockstop, the ride is great. Did DK200 and another 150 mile gravel race. While my hands were numb after DK I don’t think anything would stop that. Overall it is a huge improvement for me.

2 Likes

Thanks @aydraper and @mcneese.chad , puts a few options ahead of the Diverge in the gravel bike n+1 search! Giant Revolt Advanced 2 v Topstone Carbon 105 with the latter winning, partly because of the relationship with the shop I’ll be ultimately buying from, although still haven’t tested either yet!

1 Like

Any opinion regarding the Giant Revolt for a dual-purpose bike?