1L bike bottles

Anybody know where I can buy just the top for the Zefal 1L magnum bottle? I dropped it on a ride and cracked the top. Can’t seem to find just the top for sale. Or maybe another bottle that has a similar top that will fit.

Sent you a DM, I have extra.

I tried the Silca bottles (600ml) and an Elite Fly bottle (950ml) recently, and both have the same annoying mouthpiece which is easy to drink from, but TRIES HARD to close itself as soon as possible and means I often need two hands for it. Really inconvenient.

Buying two of the Polar Breakaway 30oz bottles today. Will report back…

I used the Zefal Magnum the first time yesterday and it was great. Nice that I can do LMNT in 32oz water without having to use multiple bottles for mixing and riding.

these are great bottles

1 Like

Can you share a link? The Zefal Magnum link on the Slowtwitch thread goes to an Amazon page that says it’s currently unavailable. Thanks.

I bought all mine on amazon, not sure of anywhere else to buy them

Thanks. Yes, I meant whether you could share a link to the actual product page for what you purchased on Amazon. The one I find on Amazon says it’s not available.

I got one from this link a week ago- Zefal Magnum Soft Water Bottle, Translucent, 975 ml Amazon.com

I heard mixed things about the new softer version so re-ordered the old ones a few days ago. Still waiting for them to arrive. I’ve gone through about six so far. But I ride 12-15 hours a week in Socal.

https://amzn.to/3IwzbQj

I might have a winner, after eyeing the Elite 950’s, I finally gave in and just bought a set from the GCN shop. Clear with red lids. No leaks, extremely soft, the gloss outside is probably it’s biggest negative, gonna need to be sure with the grip on sweaty hands.

2 Likes

Not mentioned in this thread so far…for me the Xenofit 1l bottle is best. The cap is a tiny bit smaller than most others and therefore fit better below the top tube in the seat tube bottle cage.

Not sure if these are available outside Europe.

1 Like

Thanks for this link! I bought one, and I like its feel (feels solid without being too hard to squeeze) as well as its valve. The only challenge I have is that it’s a bit hard to pull out of my bottle cage - my bike is only a 51, so the triangle isn’t huge. Or maybe the problem is that the bottle just fits VERY tightly into the cage. Anyway, I’m not sure how it will work on a fast group ride, but it seems to work well on solo rides. I have the Polar bottle which is GREAT, but is only 850 ml.

Side loading cage?

I’ve found on gravel the softness means it doesn’t hold as well. I lost 2 bottles with Elites. I’ve since gone back to Zefal and I’ve never lost a bottle.

1 Like

We will see, I’ve never lost any bottle on the gravel rig. If it doesn’t work there, I’ll still be happy only using these on the Road and TT bike. I’m just so tired of the sticky mess the Zefals leave behind.

I have a pair (see my link earlier in the thread). They are definitely soft and can be a bit slippery as well, especially with full fingered gloves.
Have not had any issues with them, but i only use them on my randonneuring bike, so YMMV on gravel.
The fact that branding is toned down is a plus for me.

For the first time I lost a bottle from my Arundel Side Loader - had a Zefal hit the pavement and crack wide open losing a full liter plus fuel for a ride.

Not sure I can blame this on the cage, I think that I hit it pulling out my other bottle. But, it does in the back of my mind make me think I may want to rely on my USWE as my primary source for gravel and MTB even though it’s harder to meter how much I drink as compared to the bottle.

Apparently rubbish, which is a shame:

1 Like

I haven’t lost an Elite either but it definitely concerns me more than the Zefals.

Ive also worn one out in a year. The bottle was just scrubbed so thin from dirt and the cage that it cracked the other day. I’ve had the same Zefals for four years with no signs of issues.