Wish me luck for my first race

Wow, you’re right, that is a ton! Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read.

I’ve just had a quick scan back through myfitnesspal and most days I only eat half that many carbs. One day I just about ate 8g/kg of bodyweight and I had a huge chinese takeaway and a load of chocolate biscuits!

Speaking of which (without going too far off topic here) I’d be interested to know how much the “quality” of the carbs matters for the purposes of carb loading. Is a pack of biscuits as useful to me as a bunch of bananas? I’m assuming not. Is it because the carbs in those foods are different? Or does the fat in the biscuits create issues of metabolising the carbs? Or is it simply that the carbs are the same but the fat in biscuits is unnecessary extra calories. I also notice your blog post mentioned rice and some bread. Which kinds of bread are better and did you intentionally not mention pasta?

And one last thing. Am I cutting back back on fat and protein whilst increasing carbs in an effort to consume more carbs but the same calories? Or should caloric intake be higher than normal too?