Which budget gravel bike UK

May be worth a look at the Sonder Camino - they start (with drops) at £1100 right now. - for an alternate option. I built one up last year on a very similar budget from a frame only (although the frame was cheaper then and I already had some suitable wheels). It works well on and off road, 1x can leave you spun out depending on how hard you’re going on road, but I’ve found it ok with a 40T and 11-42T cassette.

2 Likes

Might also be worth a look at the Ribble CGR given your road/gravel mix. It’s a little over budget at 1300 for the Tiagra, but with good tyre choice that could do both easily (and is 2x).

As an update i selected a Planet X Kaffenback. Love the steel and have decided to see how I get on with the 1x. Was only £850 with discounts.

3 Likes

I’ve a Camino … Love it!

So I changed my mind. I was seduced by the low price of the px but it’s not right.

I’ve pulled the trigger on a Camino with tiagra. I’m much more excited about that! Build date is Monday.

3 Likes

Nice. Much more importantly, which colour?!

I’ve had a look at the current PX offering, and the components they put on their bikes are much worse than they were before. Likely a result of availabilty/cost of parts, but it used to be much better.

To be honest I don’t like the geometry of neither the Kaffenback, nor the Camino, but it has to be right for you and not me, lol!

Haha. The opinion splitter. Black!

1 Like