Wahoo offers Snap + Systm for $30 month (only in US)

This heads a bit off topic, but touches on something I marvel at today. Consider the landscape of trainers pre-Zwift.

• I remember people thinking the Kinetic Road machine at around $300 USD was expensive, with many choosing less expensive options in the $100-200 range instead. The Computrainer held rarified air with its price ($1200 USD or so IIRC) and some of the other early smart trainers like the CycleOps Powerbeam Pro and Tacx Bushido filled a space between the RM and CT (middle to higher 3-digit prices).

• People did start with some of those wheel-on smart trainers as Z took hold, but the Wahoo Kickr wheel-off quickly became the standard bearer at a price most would have dropped jaws at just a few years earlier. Add in the Tacx Neo that has nearly always cost more than the Kickr, but took similar hold at the top of the market. The prior comments of “my bike cost less…” became a bit less frequent, but I still see them a occasionally today :wink:

Anyway, it’s funny to see how perception of pricing & features for trainers has changed in the last decade or so.

4 Likes