The 24 Hours in The Old Pueblo Thread

This was my first time at the 24HOP and my team had a fantastic time! We loved the course, organization, and atmosphere. There were certainly ups and downs but we will be back for next year as well.

What is really missing from this discussion is a lighter note into the analysis two theories heard on the trail: “whiskey adds watts” and “whiskey makes your light burn brighter.” I heard this a few times and decided to test the truth of these claims.

My lap times were 1:13, 1:13, 1:22, and 1:11. The second to last lap I had a dying light. I took one swig at the whiskey tree, got a push start from two enthusiastic butt grabbing females, and lost time. This proves that whiskey does NOT make your light burn brighter. The last lap was completed with one gulp before the lap and 3 swigs at the whiskey tree resulting in a faster time. This proves that whiskey does in fact add watts. Summary: whiskey adds watts but not lumens.

The moral: don’t get too serious about someone else’s race and how they choose to ride it. Get out there, race hard, and enjoy what you get out of it!

19 Likes