Recessed Spd road shoes

I picked up a set of Shimano XC9s at a heavy discount and they’re excellent & super stiff, but really need insoles.

I have to double check my arch and get some Specialized body geometry insoles. I tried Ice Bugs but could never get the metatarsal bump in the right place.

The RX8s are my first pair of Shimano shoes. The included replaceable arch support was nice to play with. I liked the high on one foot and the medium on the other. Looking forward to putting some miles on them.

Adding some more praise for the RX8. It’s my “do-it all” shoe. I use it on the trainer, road, gravel, and mountain bike (except for rides with high “hike-a-bike” potential). Stiff and light.

1 Like

I was also recently searching for some SPD shoes to use with my road bike. In the end I went Giro Republic R Knit. I appreciate shoe fit is very personal but straight out of the box I found them very comfortable.

Agreed with the RX8. Folks I ride with have mentioned that they couldn’t tell I was on an MTB setup until I unclipped.

Just weighted my RX8s (42 wide) with new shimano cleats vs my old Specialized Torch 3.0 (43) with worn Xpedo Keo compatible cleats. The RX8s were 10g lighter (621g/pair) then the Torch 3.0s (631g/pair). Obviously one size smaller, but pleased that the overall setups are around the same weight.

These are a beautiful option. Fizik powerstrap X4

1 Like