Power mismatch -- Wahoo Kickr vs Stages Cranks

Please forgive me ahead of time here for the length of post.

From my prospective, my training and progression was going well using TR, then just after a Ramp test with a 220 result, I got my KICKR and all has gone out the window and my legs are beat just trying to figure out how to make it work and be consistent and have good training sessions.

I’ve been using a PowerTap wheel and a Stages L only and those are relatively close and easy enough to adjust between trainer and outside if I went outside.

With the new KICKR, it is so far out to lunch it is ridiculous !!! especially as compared to previous results.

In PowerMatch auto, I cannot complete a workout with any real Threshold or SS load, my rpm drops too much and the spiral is unstoppable. If I then switch to resistance mode, I am able to put out or at least really close the suggested watts and rpm to finish the interval or workout, as long as I use my Stages output watts reading, but the KICKR will be reading at least 20-30 watts less in the Threshold range and more in the SS range.

I tried lowering my FTP by 15% and that was not nearly enough. On the last FTP test, I’d just gotten a 10% gain after 5 weeks of SS MV p1 with a lot of extra endurance hours giving me 21 to 22 hours a week on the trainer.

Even in resistance mode the Stages L is 10 to 30 watts higher than KICKR indicates

Thanks for letting me vent some!