πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Polarized Training Plans Are Here! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

I’m a bit confused by the combination of 6 Week Polarized Base low volume plan and adaptive training.
AT drops the current progression levels by a bit (or a lot) if you haven’t trained in a zone for 2 weeks.

But the non-endurance day of the low volume plan (which only happens 1 day a week) is Threshold 2 weeks in a row, then VO2 Max 2 weeks in a row, then Threshold (at least for me)

What’s been happening is that Adaptive Training keeps lowering my progression level, therefore the difficulty of the workouts, because I haven’t trained that energy system for 2 weeks. Meaning that after the first 2 weeks of Polarized block, my VO2 Max progression level dropped, then 2 weeks later the Threshold level dropped, etc…

This means that the next non-endurance workout I do feels way too easy, which seems to defeat the purpose of Polarized training where the β€œhard days” are supposed to be really hard. And the increase on the second week after the easy-ish workout still doesn’t make it hard.

Am I missing something, or is the polarized low volume simply not really meant to be used with AT ?

1 Like