πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Polarized Training Plans Are Here! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

I heard from, I think it was FastTalk podcast, that usually coaches and top level athleats figure out the best way to train and usually it’s before the training method is proven scientifically.

I was hesitant to try polarized training and thought that SS is the way to go, but at one point I was stuck in my training, constantly tired. Since last autumn I have tried to polarize my training as much as possible - although it’s probably more pyramidial training now, but that’s because of the type of events I’m training for.
So far I haven’t felt burned out and my numbers have never been better. Of course I have modified TR polarized plans quite a lot. Also I’m not counting TiZ rather sessions in Zone.
This week is recovery week for me and it’s only Z1 (3 zone model) riding (commutes to work and back + some longer loops) totalling approx 8-9h.
Usual training week is 1xVO2 max; 1 SS/threshold session and the rest is Z1.
I have tried to increase the overall time on the bike (10-15h) and I think this is the main reason I have seen my number grow.
To me it doesn’t seem likely that top level athlets use SS method because if you ride 20-30H a week you just can’t hold the intensity and to recover at the same time. Of course I might be wrong.
I also agree that POL isn’t for everyone. Same goes for SS.

1 Like