MTB Fork Upgrade for a Roadie

You don’t have to apologize for being concerned about aesthetics, just ask @Jonathan. If you have a 6k road bike, use TR and are on the TR forum, then it appears you are more than the occasional recreational cyclist just enjoying the ride. So not only do you strive to dial in the fitness side of cycling through your training, dialing in your equipment can be equally important (for some, self included).

I ride/race solely MTB and I want my bike and my kit to represent me and my fitness. They represent who I am (if only in my mind) and make a statement that I take cycling serious. Not to mention it makes me feel great come race day that I look and feel squared away. However, if you hit the trails with recreational MTB guys they’ll tell you it doesn’t matter and ride what you got and enjoy the trail. Which is all well and great, but that doesn’t work for me and probably not for you either. For some that is truly how they feel and good on them.

So yes, if a new fork is in your budget then by all means get a new fork. It will not only improve the bike aesthetically, but you will get all the benefits of new suspension adjustments and will give the bike better handling and feel.
My bike…

3 Likes