Masters Plans and More Launched Today! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Hey @jmkizer,

Iโ€™ve just looked at your support ticket, and it looks like we might have misunderstood. Your max duration caps should be respected, and while itโ€™s normal to at times be prescribed workouts with shorter durations than your max cap, you shouldnโ€™t get any that are longer.

If thatโ€™s what was happening to you (it looks like it is), then you might be running into a bug.

Iโ€™ll dig into that now!

Sorry for any confusion!

2 Likes

Thanks. I can work my schedule around it if necessary. I just found the initial response to be surprising.

1 Like

If Iโ€™m running in to the same thing, should I open a ticket? Could this just be a temporary thing in my calendar until TR recalculates closer to my actual workouts?

Hey @Toasterthief,

Feel free to open a ticket and Iโ€™ll pick it up. This way I can link the bug report to your account to help us dig in deeper. Then we can also reach out when it gets squashedโ€ฆ :bug:

Thanks!

1 Like

Just start with the mid-volume, and drop the Wed endurance ride. If necessary, abbreviate the Sunday endurance ride. Done.

Anyone else have trouble with a Masters Plan? It felt like my Low Volume plan went from three hard workouts per week to two VERY HARD workouts. But hey, Iโ€™m retired now, so I have plenty of time to train. Iโ€™ve decided to go back to a Mid Volume, non-Masters plan. I had been thinking about this for a while, and RLGL should tell me if it is a bad idea.

1 Like

Iโ€™ve not noticed this.

Workouts are based on your PLโ€™s, so these would have had to change for the workouts being offered to be harder.

What about a MV Masters plan? Iโ€™ve always thought the LV plans had too much intensity for me, so when time crunched I would do MV and then skip the easiest ride (this is before the Masters plans came out, I have no experience with those).

2 Likes

I dont notice it. I use LV masters plan and add one extra day of endurance. Build was vo2 and a threshold. I am now with threshold and sweet spot as the harder workouts but they are still based on your PL. I dont see it being an issue.

If you dont like the progression just use alternates. Next week it has me with a stretch workout for a threshold workout. If it doesnt work for you pick an alternate and choose productive.

They give us the tools to adjust so take advantage of them

2 Likes

Looking back at my calendar, it appears that the problem was that Plan Builder put me directly into a Build phase when I started the Low Volume Masters plan at the end of November. I had already been doing Train Now three times per week regularly, so AI must have decided I was in decent shape. My calendar shows just two Sweet Spot workouts and followed by nothing but VO2 and Threshold workouts. The workouts werenโ€™t bad except that they soon graduated to longer intervals. AI FTP detection would bump my FTP by 1 watt every few weeks, but my motivation was only going down. In the end I quit two workouts.

With Mid Volume (non-Masters), it has started me out in Base with two Sweet Spot workouts and a Threshold workout per week. Much better.

1 Like
  • Thatโ€™s not how Plan Builder or Adaptive Training works. The phases added to your calendar are based upon your selections in the Plan Builder process and nothing else. It does not look at training history at all.

The factors that PB uses are:

• The start date you set for the plan,
  • The end date if set without events or your final A-event,
  • The โ€œExperienceโ€ you choose,
  • And the way all that fits within the total date range you give it.

If you have less than the old-school 12wk Base, 8wk Build, 8wk Specialty template, PB will trim out parts of the plan largely using the Experience to decide where to cut.

If you have more time than the template, it will sort and mix additional phases to something guided by the Experience and extra time available.

7 Likes

Yes, youโ€™re correct. I think I chose too much experience. At the same time, I think AT was struggling to give me any progress with just two hard workouts per week.

Meanwhile, Iโ€™m 2.5 weeks into my Mid Volume base plan with the typical rest days on Mondays and Fridays. RLGL is giving me yellow days on Friday and Sunday and shortening my Sunday endurance ride from 2 hours to 1 hour. Nice! The down side is that Iโ€™ve cut out all running for now.

1 Like