Masters Plans and More Launched Today! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Wow these look interesting. Whatโ€™s the difference between the masters plan and the polarised plans?

Excellent news on the masters plans.

Also, bizarrely I was wondering last week why the hell I was doing an easier sweet spot session on a Sunday when an Endurance ride would fit betterโ€ฆ and there we go!

5 Likes

Thanks so much Nate and @all the TR Team. :hugs:
Cheers.
Corrado.

3 Likes

Iโ€™m already wondering about the wisdom of doing the LV Masters Plan condensed into Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, then doing unstructured rides on the weekend :thinking:

6 Likes

This is awesome, thank you!

I have noticed when I update the duration of workouts in future training blocks that the workouts donโ€™t update. e.g I set Wednesdays to be 120 minutes but I still see 60 minute workouts:

Will this update when AT runs for the block I am about to start?

FWIW I do see the updated lengths in my current training block. :+1:

3 Likes

The Masters Plans arenโ€™t โ€œPolarizedโ€ as they donโ€™t follow any sort of specific Polarized structure, whether thatโ€™s time-in-zone or daily intention.

5 Likes

Love the max duration option!

Is there a way to reoptimize my current plan with these changes? Or do I have to start from scratch?

1 Like

I literally started Sweet Spot Base today and did the first workout. It just so happens that I was going to shape my training more like General Base anyway. Whats the best way to switch to General Base?

1 Like

Finally!
And thank you.

1 Like

A second potential bug/issue I found with Custom Workout Duration.

In my current training block I noticed, after my workoutsโ€™ lengths updated, the intensities for my interval days (I am doing high volume polarized) were updated to be well below my PLs. e.g Tomorrow I was scheduled to a 4.5 Threshold workout (stretch) but the workout changed to a 2.4 (achievable). My current PL is 3.2.

So to see if I could โ€œadaptโ€ this back to what it was originally I resaved a post workout survey from a recent workout which triggered AT to readapt that workout to a stretch workout. In doing so my workouts went back to their original durations even though the block settings still have them as longer. e.g The Wednesday zone 2 workouts I set to be two hours went back to being the out of the box, prescribed 60 minutes.

3 Likes

I really appreciate the Masters plans as a 60+ athlete but even the high volume plan would be a reduction in my training volume, and Iโ€™m training for a four race series of 100mi gravel races in the first six weeks of 2024. Can I trust this to do more for me than Iโ€™m doing on my own?

This is very welcome news! Thanks to the whole TR gang!

Iโ€™m currently into my 5th week of Sweet Spot I, should I look to create a new plan (with the renamed General Base) once I have completed the week 6 recovery?

What would be your advice? Should I track with these new updates or would it be better to just follow theoriginal plan? I am an untrained cyclist, 1 month into structured training.

Did you create your plan with Plan Builder? If so, stick with it for now! When you reach the first week of your next phase, weโ€™ll automatically update the rest of your plan to the new structure, and weโ€™ll offer to switch your plan to a masters version if youโ€™d prefer it, too.

5 Likes

The types of workouts. This follows a three zone model and polarized follows a 2 zone.

Plus the workout profiles are very different and thereโ€™s more specialization.

6 Likes

Yes, look at the first post. Thereโ€™s a screen shot showing how to do that.

3 Likes

Click on your training phase name on the calendar (its in the top right) and then choose general base from there.

4 Likes

Just keep going, at the end of your current phase it will prompt you if youโ€™d like to switch to masters.

We did this exactly for situations like yours where you might end up cutting off some recovery.

5 Likes

I think I need to see some screenshots. As best I can tell my only option is to delete the current plan. I guess Iโ€™m hoping to find a way that todayโ€™s activity counts toward the General Base plan although Iโ€™m not sure if it really matters.

Its also possible that Iโ€™m not seeing a UI thats expected to be shown.

Update - I deleted my existing plan and was able to select General Base and it correctly saw my workout yesterday as part of the new training plan.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes it was created with plan builder. Loving TrainerRoad๐Ÿ”ฅ

2 Likes