Garmin stress/body battery to give context for training

HRV, RHR, sleep score, body battery, etc will not tell you if your legs are sore/tired or if you are truly “recovered”, ready to train, etc. All of these algorithms are based on your heart rate throughout the day and/or sleep, processed, processed again, and then magically the software tells you what you want or don’t want to hear, and it may or may not correlate with how you actually feel or how well you may actually perform that day, or if you should try to perform or not. None of this can replace listening to your body and keeping a good training log, but maybe just maybe you’ll find some metrics that are useful for adding to your training log to help make decisions in the future.

Case in point, I did a lower body weight session two days ago and the last two days I’ve had a major case of DOMS. And yet my HRV is really high (70-80, which is good for me) and my RHR is really low (40 last night), stress levels low, body battery high, but it hurts to push anything above z1 (though I just did a really nice 45’ SST interval at 90% FTP this morning, just had to tell my legs to shut up the entire time).