First Time Replacing Press Fit Bottom Bracket

1. Like everything bike related, it depends! I’ve had clicking on 1 bike that was solved with a new BB, and a clicking issue on another bike that was due to a bad pedal. There are lots of things that can make that noise and it can drive you mad :rofl:

2. Can’t say for sure…a BB should last a long time, unless it’s junk or the opening is a slightly out of spec.

3. I’ve never felt the need to worry about ceramic bearings when using otherwise well built bottom brackets. I’ve had GREAT luck with Wheels Manufacturing on threaded and PF frames

4. Wheels Manufacturing thread together brackets are worth every penny! I installed one back when I had a Canyon Endurace and it solved that bike’s clicking issue. I preemptively installed one on my Cutthroat when I got it last December.

Regarding tools…I will say that having the right tool for the job is ideal but I’ve been able to remove a PF BB with a block of wood and rubber mallet :rofl: Don’t know that id recommend that. If you go the thread together route, installation is a piece of cake.

1 Like