Cycling Memes and Jokes

33 Likes

if your hub doesn’t sound like an A-10 is it even a hub?

7 Likes

Guh! I got my race bike after a few years of exclusively riding a mucho silent single speed. The first couple of weeks were excruciating having to listen to that hub racket for hours on end! :angry::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

Eventually fast became more fun than quiet.

Not sure if something similar was posted , but my wife told me how much she spent on her wedding dress and all I could think of was this.

33 Likes

42 Likes

My experience is slightly different - it’s like that, without the level-up-message, for about 1 minute. Then it’s an empty road.

3 Likes

I can relate. I worked with a few older folk at Goddard Space Center within the last decade who would whip out their slide rule to show how much quicker they were…

2 Likes

<older guy who has used a slide rule wondering whether he should be insulted now>

11 Likes

Reminds me of the Richard Feynman stories of going head-to-head against an abacus master to see who could solve equations the fastest. He always won and said the abacus guy was always a sweaty mess at the end. :hot_face:

1 Like

Reminds me of his story where he tested to see if he counted faster when his heart rate was higher. I might try this myself during my next VO2 workout!

1 Like

A friend shared this :joy:

17 Likes

This is true for our Masters C grade as well :rofl:

62 Likes

Friendly reminder that this is a “Cycling” joke thread, not a general joke thread.

If you want to post non-cycling related jokes, please make a different thread :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_sGvvmleu9/?igshid=mj3lkb11za5v

Kinda true though…

8 Likes

All I could think about after this today:

why yes i will lead you out

Was this:

(credit to @cat3memes: The KOMeme on Instagram: "“Hey, I have an idea...” #cycling #roadbike #bikerace #cyclinghumor #criterium #cyclocross #sockdoping #messlife #fixie #strava #outsideisfree #kitgrid #trainingpeaks #zwift #cat3 #cat4 #cat5 #cat3memes")

22 Likes

With those numbers, I’d appreciate it if you did.

2 Likes

150 grams of carbs an hour no problem

16 Likes

Nononononononono. :no_entry_sign:

I hope that’s mud…

1 Like