Carbon or Steel Bike on Trainer?

As mentioned above, I think there is potential risk from these hard and active efforts on a traditional, rigid trainer. Even the flex that the Neo trainers have is not enough to help with the high stress issues related to the lack of real movement.

If people want to really get into hard and active sprints on a trainer, using a motion device like a rocker plate is what I consider to be the best option. This adds a degree of freedom on the Roll Axis, which is where the excessive stress comes from due to the side movement we naturally apply in efforts like this.

Locked and rigid trainers apply this loading directly into the bike frame and it likely well exceeds anything they see when freely moving outside. A rocker plate can give some real freedom and cut that loading drastically, IMO.

The other option would be to use rollers or even the expensive bike treadmills, that leave the frame untouched. Those have their own challenges, and are part of the reason I ended up making my first rocker back in 2015.

I think a rocker plate or similar device is useful in this context and has other benefits along the way.