Can TrainerRoad add distance and speed to the live metrics please? (Feature Request)

I’ve got some myself :man_shrugging: IMHO there is too much discussion in this thread on stuff that doesn’t matter including statements about no TR surveys Help us improve TrainerRoad! (Survey)).

Trying to get this thread back on a more productive track… I heard Nate on the podcast say they judge many new features based on a simple question “will it make you faster?” And back to my original point, its best to assume this isn’t a trivial feature to implement and so its going to go on a prioritized list. There are a long list of things people want, along with things that TR wants to implement to stay competitive. And IMHO at a high-level those are the only two things that matter - priority and effort-to-implement.

I think you should argue from the “this will help make me faster” standpoint. The workaround right now is to look at a TT result, for example (don’t laugh at my big guy on endurance bike non-aeroness) one of my Merckx class no-aerobar 10 mile TT has this in Strava description “27:47 / 21.6mph / 281W / 159bpm / 69 degrees / wind 5mph SSW.” Most of that info is useless in virtual world, unless I’m feeding it and the course into Best Bike Split.

Bear with me for a minute, this is going somewhere I promise… Thinking out loud, if TR wants to help make me faster on a TT then I would sure like to be able to set a workout goal to exceed 281W average power for 28 minutes. And since TR is my partner to help make me faster, on the trainer I might start doing Lola a 30-minute practice TT workout. Or maybe focus late build phase on power goals for 30-minute intervals.

Wouldn’t it be really nice if TR somehow incorporated goal tracking like that, a power goal for a target duration? Goes along with what we hear on the podcast - know the demands of your target event and train for it. Guess I’d rather have that than fake speed, even if the fake speed were pretty accurate (aka riding solo in Zwift).

1 Like