Apple Watch or similar?

if anyone wants to play around with a series 0 send me a private message! Compared to the series 3 or series 4 its slow, but hit me up if you will pay for shipping and give it a try.

1 Like

Anecdotally, the last thing I use my Apple Watch for is cycling. It’s been useful for running, walks, hikes, Fitbod workouts, and general (not precise) sleeping data. I have compared my series 4 to my tickr and it’s always matched the HR but I just don’t need another HR monitor on the bike.

Now that I think about it, I do use the Apple Watch timer to remind me to take some nutrition on longer rides. One time I used the directions to get to an unknown destination on the fly. Meh…

Just to be clear - I love mine. It’s my alarm clock, my timer when cooking, my meeting reminder, my quick on-the-fly text message machine, my travel watch - but not my sports watch. The combination of touch screen and closed data garden make it pretty useless for that.

2 Likes

As an alternative I wear a Garmin instinct for race days and away weekends. It does notifications averagely but everything else very well, and is rugged like a G Shock - great if you come off or for kicking around a tent and is cheaper than an Apple Watch. It syncs with an HR strap from where you’ll get greater accuracy than the wrist based HRM.

I wear mechanical watches when not around the bikes.

1 Like

I am considering getting an Apple Watch for a project that I am working on. There are some things I wanted to check first before I spent the money on the watch. I would welcome any feedback from this community. The idea is to use the watch in certain situations when not wearing it. For example I found this apple watch car mount

My understanding is that to see anything on the watch one must either raise the wrist or tap on the watch to wake up the screen. I tried it with my friend’s Apple Watch series 3. The watch had no password. When a message was received the watch vibrated but the screen remained off. The only way to see the notification was to either raise the wrist or tap the screen.

I contacted the company that makes the above car mount and they replied that the notifications automatically show up on the watch when it is on the mount. No tapping or raising the wrist is necessary.

Can this be done? Otherwise it would be impossible to use the watch on a mount.

Moreover, I also have Samsung Watch and i am looking for Samsung watch band and i recently saw the list of Samsung galaxy watch bands and any advice in this is also appreciated

I don’t have one, so can’t comment to how well it works, battery life, etc., but the Series 5 has an “always on” screen.

1 Like