Additional liquid lubrication for a waxed chain on an indoor bike?

I do have a rubber mat under the bike.

I was referring to the flakes migrating from the mat to the carpet. Either by the wind blowing from the fans or by just stepping on it.

I wipe the chain to remove the oil excess so oil based lubes are easier to manage in this aspect.

This is a fair point - but you can vacuum up flakes - oil is harder to manage if you let it get out of control.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: let’s talk about carpet cleaning! :rofl::rofl::rofl: love the forum.

If you step on a flake before you have the chance to vacuum, the wax will be bound to the pile fibers - that’s my concern.

I still find it easier to control though, but i agree with you. That’s why I’m still looking for the optimal solution and trying WT-1

Literally everything comes down to keeping significant others happy eventually - no oil in the house!

1 Like

I dunno about you but I tend to listen to music or watch TV on the turbo.

Even a slight reduction in noise and smoother feel makes indoor training more pleasant.
More pleasant = less likely to skip workouts.

So, I remembered I had a sample bottle of some high-end lubricant (some sort of solid friction modifier suspended in oil?), and it immediately made my drivetrain noticeably more quiet.

I guess I’ll save waxing for my outdoor bikes…

On another note, I think some of the noise was actually coming from the tensioner pulley.
The surface has some uneven wear in it.

My belt is also fraying a bit on one side, so I took a razor blade and a lighter to it to clean up that side.

I might eventually see about replacing the tensioner and belt if things get any worse.

Your motivation is so fragile that a slightly noisy chain is enough to make you give up?

Where do you race? Where exactly? Asking for a friend…

:kissing:

1 Like

No, I’m saying that makes indoor riding less unpleasant makes you more likely to stick to a plan.

Who says I race?