You Might Be Training Too Hard - Bicycling Magazine

Read through this and thought to myself, Well that’s the TR Low Volume plan with the same advice of learning how to fuel your workouts and race, plus SLEEP!!! The advice we’ve heard on the TR Podcast for years now.

4 Likes

Yes, the recreational cyclist looking for a little bit of advice should have listened to hundreds of hours of the TR pocast instead of reading a 5 minute article on Bicycling. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“ However, intervals are hard on your body. “There’s a limit to how much high-intensity work will help you,” says Trevor Connor, a former pro cyclist and founder of Fast Talk Labs, adding that research shows that two weekly sessions are all you need. You won’t necessarily benefit from a third session, he says, and four can be too much to recover from.”

2 Likes

But can Bicycling get me to my first century in 8 weeks? :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thanks, I enjoy reading those type of training journeys.

Someone already mentioned it, but low volume was the last thing I thought of after reading 7-9 hours with a 12.5 peak. It actually reminded me of a CTS/Strava Gran Fondo 8-week intermediate plan that I used repeatedly back in 2016 and 2017.

1 Like

No doubt the reach of each is very different indeed.

1 Like