Who the f*#k is Keith?

All of you who can finish this workout are absolute beasts. I have it scheduled for Wednesday and I give myself the chance of completion at 30%. I’m staring down the barrel of my first failed workout. :joy: 10 min threshold x 5 where the last 2 min is borderline Vo2.

5x10-minute over-under first 45 seconds of each minute are spent within 5% of your FTP while the remaining 15 seconds in every minute are spent at increasingly suprathreshold intensities between 110-125% FTP.

14 Likes

Make sure you use the PM that reads high and gives the low RPE :joy:.

Good luck. I’ve avoided that one when it popped up last build.

I prefer the sustained work.

On that note, why is it so hard to find a plan with workouts at 100% FTP. They all seem to be at 102-105% with either short, or very short intervals :man_facepalming:.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there.

1 Like

I have no idea, but this particular Keith sure looks like a bastard!

6 Likes

Only Coach Chad knows but this seems plausible…

7 Likes

The title of this post scared me since I’m Keith! :flushed: I was racking my brain to figure out what I had done to offend you.

12 Likes

Keith group workout!!?

2 Likes

Ha! Unfortunately my ramp test was set to the trainer so it won’t be an easier.

Yes I’m not sure either. I’m new to TrainerRoad and so far I think all of the sessions have been Over Unders or stuff like this, which seems to end with the last 2 min of each set with Vo2. Mind you I would mentally struggle to do 2 or 3 by 20 min threshold. I’d get bored.

Ha! Sorry mate.

Because VO2max and over/under workouts are highly effective at getting you faster.

Edit: to add to this, if you have a reason to want to extend your TTE and add more 100% sustained efforts, you could swap over/under work for those kind of workouts. But in TR plans you’ll see sustained / TTE work mostly in the specialty phase.

You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but when the cover is all you have…

I don’ think I like Keith. :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha

No worries - it’s not often I get called out in a post. :rofl:

1 Like

polarised has a lot of continuous 100% threshold workouts

I remembered it backwards but the thread title made me think of this…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Keith is Mary Austin’s boyfriend and Coach Chad has a grudge against them both - he wants us to hate them.

9 Likes

These are the hardest workouts. I did Carpathian Peak +2 the other day and it almost broke me. Good luck!

I haven’t done this since spring, but I still remember it. And oh boy, it hurt! Thinking of it, maybe that’s why I haven’t done it since spring :face_with_monocle: Good Luck!

Pro tip - lower your FTP by 10% before you start it.

The image looked vaguely familiar to me so I checked - I’ve done it twice

Most recently I did it as part of a progression that included Mesachie +5 and +6, both of which were much harder for me than Keith.

In my opinion this workout should be possible if your threshold is accurate - meaning you can consistently sustain it for 40 minutes or more and have been training over threshold in the prior weeks

2 Likes

Just noticed that I have this one planned on Thursday, I’ll say hi to him.
Done it once before and what I do remember is that those 10mins are cut up into tiny chunks which helps me a lot.