Where did you workout (ride, run, etc) OUTSIDE today? (2024)

Spinning in the hotel…

3 Likes

16” of fresh snow this morning. 2 hrs clearing snow. Then shuttling kids for skiing and soccer. No time for a workout. Rest day? Hardly :rofl:

8 Likes

This barmy Global warming continues. Yesterday was my TR recovery workout which I loosely did on the commute and it was -6.4 deg C going up the steep hill at the end. Today wasn’t really a workout it was my usual group ride but it finished +8 deg C. Although with the wind chill the latter felt colder.

Yesterdays Commute

Today’s Group ride with a birthday cafe stop :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First tracks on groomed singletrack this morning. My neighbor is a volunteer groomer, and he’s a rockstar :muscle:

10 Likes

Up to Fineshade on the gravel bike again where I had a wee bit of an explore.

3 Likes

I had a recovery workout to do tonight so I did it on my commute. After the cycle path though I pushed a little hard in traffic so only 97% of the ride is Z1 :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I stayed in HR Z1 for todays recovery ride (Storzik) as it was mainly traffic free. My Windsock claims it was gusting over 42mph out there but I never noticed it.

1 Like

80 minutes to the foothills, 20 minutes on easy gravel and muddy trails, 80 minutes home.

Good times!

7 Likes

Another two hour winter ride with monochrome views today. The extremely cold period is now over and we are back to more common temperatures; today it was just around zero degrees. Even without the clear skies it felt a bit like spring, although the winter will still continue for a long time.

8 Likes

I got bored with my recent trips to Fineshade so I went south to https://stanwicklakes.org.uk/ . Great venue and good gravel tracks but I should have stuck with what I knew. There was quite a bit of type 4 fun on route!

5 Likes

First race of 2024 complete!

A nice 3 lap race on some very smooth groomed XC skiing trails. Seriously, I had an absolute blast and very much look forward to the next race in 2 weeks.

Don’t let the lingering light fool you, it was dark by the time the race kicked off.

Fashion takes a backseat to warmth, I guess.

5 Likes

As usual I done my Masters plan recovery workout on my commute this morning (I strayed out of HR zone 1 a few times (4%) on steep hills when drivers were too patient and peaked at 78%) .

Lol, I probably undid any recovery benefit tonight. It was train strike here so I put a spurt on in to a stiff headwind and averaged a maxHR of 73% (83% max).

3 Likes

Lol, p’tured on the club and my chemo damaged hands were completely numb for 5mins and when I did get it changed and started to pump it up, some one mentioned CO2. Thats when the fun started. The MucOff chuck is fast and controllable but it’s got one problem it occasionally eats (for want of a better term) the screw head of the presta valve and you have to pull it quite hard to get it out. Today it wouldn’t pull out! so I ended up with a fancy valve cap. At least I found out why the bike was so sluggish, the front wheel was full of water. The Chuck Cap was good for the 6 miles to the cafe and 7 miles after. Lol the tube then p’tured again and wary of my hands whilst it was cyclable I pressed on cautiously (11.3mph ave) for nearly 5 miles until I got to an old war memorial and it had warmed up nicely. Changed the tube much faster this time with working hands, even though it was complicated a bit by the stuck MucOff chuck, and came back by a lbs where I bought some new tubes and a new CO2 chuck. Now I know why my first instinct was the hand pump and not the CO2 :joy:

4 Likes

First time on the Buna Saturday Ride here in DC

4 Likes

A nice and easy 90 minute ride on my regular (gravel) roads. The winter season continues.

Meanwhile the road racing season has fully started in the central europe and the first spring classics will take place in a week.

7 Likes

A beautiful day for a ride. Chilly in the shade, but a lot warmer in the sun. As much as I like riding in the snow, I’m missing riding in the dirt. Might be time for a desert trip sometime in the next few weeks.

11 Likes

Wow :heart:

I did a long one today with a local friend. Unfortunately my PM died mid ride, I was hoping for a new 8hr power PR.

:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Second (I think) outside ride this year.

4 Likes

The first workout of my Masters Plan recovery week was today, Lazy Mountain - 2. I took it outside. I had to be very patient on the way out against a SW wind which the local weather station (Met Office) recorded at 23mph prevalent with 36mph gusts.

Video Footage

I’m surprised it was as much climbing as 297ft but relative to the flat Fens what bumps there was look like mountains on the TR chart :joy:

5 Likes