Where did you workout (ride, run, etc) OUTSIDE today? (2023)

Good job ! I thought it was my long loved and never forgotten Revolt for a second ! I love Giants!

1 Like

Thanks! The 30mm Schwalbe’s are smooth on pavement, but beat me up on the gravel. I will have to toss some 40mm+ on my CX bike if I’m going to do another long ride on the C&O. Great bikes though!

I did the Love Valley Roubaix Sunday Classic today. 48.x miles and 6000ish feet of climbing. Wonderful event, great people and nice weather, what more could you ask for?

11 Likes

@jiffylush Are those wheels the Hunt 35 Gravel? How did they do? The Revolt is one of three gravel bikes I’ve been looking at but am leaning towards the Seigla … but still working on permission from the wife. Anyway, how did you do in the event?

1 Like

Legs still felt dead at the start, kept riding until I found 'em :wink:

They were dead here:

and here on the South Folsom canal:

and still dead when I stopped to checkout the California poppies by the American River:

But then I found them!

They were hiding in a tailwind after 2.5 hours and 1280kJ :joy:

not too shabby, and it wasn’t my first tailwind! The 3 sprints were on Tres Hermanas South - the biggest ‘climb’ of the ride :rofl: that put me into the top 20% out of 4400 riders.

10 Likes

Yes! Hunt 35 X-Wide? I love them, easy to get the pathfinders setup with a regular pump and I they were a big upgrade from the alloy wheels that came with it. It’s the Revot Advanced 2 2022 in a XL and it’s been great for me.

1 Like

Classic Southern Oregon…hand warmers and sunburns. But don’t worry, the snow feels great after the burn sets in.

10 Likes

One quick note: I’ve had a few decent rides on my Revolt at this point (Revolt Advanced Pro frameset built w/ Force mullet and 700x50c Ramblers now) and I’ve been super happy with it. The overall fit is excellent (although highly personal, of course), but it’s got a great feeling of sitting in the bike rather than on top of it that’s been really nice riding on unstable terrain. Maybe because of the BB drop?

Also, the 50c tires are fantastic. Great float in mud so they just keep plowing through, and they’ve also got enough volume to handle all the frozen, very chunky and muddy ruts in the morning before it has time to melt into mud.

That said, I probably would’ve been equally happy with the Seigla and the potential for even meatier tires? Who knows? I’m apparently no help at all.

2 Likes

@FergusYL thanks, this does help!

Where dis? Looks like Cali.

Not from today, but from last Saturday - was a great sunny and dry ride.

2 Likes

Where’s “Cali”? :smirk:

its a State of Mind

2 Likes

Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali, … Going back to Cali, Cali, hmmm… I don’t think so.
Signed-
SoCal native (year 0 - 43)

2 Likes

Man, I miss visiting California. I can’t wait to take my 7 years old boy there and showi him where dad had the time of his life.

1 Like

Noontime quickie… out the door for a road ride, only 11 miles but 2200’ of climbing. It is a nice day view-wise…

Considering TR says my IF was .99, perhaps it’s time to update the FTP. I’ve been hesitant to do that for the sake of the ego and not really caring as my motivation to train rather than ride is absent (so knowing my FTP hasn’t mattered).

The temp today is one of the in-between kind of days. The air temp was 3ºC when I started, and it may have warmed to about 5ºC, which is the temp now, a while after finishing (38 & 41F). The sun is moderately warm, so I wore bib shorts, a warm long sleeve, an insulated gilet, and light gloves. I unzipped on the climbs, and my legs were chilled on the descents, but those were over quickly enough. Other riders out there had long bibs and jackets, but I wanted some vitamin D and to take the edge of the pasty white legs.

There was cowbell…

And Przewalski’s horses were out and about…

10 Likes

Probably should have done my Threshold workout, but it was far to nice outside to not ride long. I’m sure I’ll pay for it when I do get around to giving that Threshold workout a go(4x16@100%)

Made up for it with an effort to get a Strava KOM on a ~3 mile segment. Snagged it by 9 seconds! :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice ride, and KOM!

1 Like

MA is the CA of the East Coast, without the good weather! Both are a State of MIN.D so you got the bike for it!

1 Like

A variety of fauna was seen on this morning’s run. First up, a badger… it’s not a great pic, but he wasn’t too interested in hanging out in the field were I first spotted him before he left the open space for this brush.

Second, oh deer…

Third, and Mary was no where to be found (my dog startled this group, giving us more lamb bell for this morning)…

And then there is my beast…

Starting April 1, a new law goes into effect across the canton requiring all dogs to be on leashes inside and within 50m of forests. This lasts until July 31 and is for the purpose of protecting the breeding season of forest wildlife, from foxes to deer to badgers to squirrels to birds. We’ll just going to look at this as a long adjustment period for Paisley, who is nearly 11 years old, to get used to being on leash before our move to Boston, where he’ll be on leash all of the time.

6 Likes