Where did you ride OUTSIDE today? (2019 & 2020)

Temps were reasonable this AM here in the Chicago area, so I rode down for our weekly donut / coffee meetup…quite enjoyable.

https://d3o5xota0a1fcr.cloudfront.net/v4/maps/98WSFuvsZFs2WHOBeatNLoqPU6FM-zPgPMpt6Hd3QQPx6ZWLL_4wZye_s4fOkvJ2JrAweUrcPfBBfJz_

1 Like

Just a quick one outside, I thought the ground might be frozen, it was not. Still fun, no training value I’m sure, other than a reminder that there’s no substitute for mountain bike fitness other than getting on the mountain bike. Zero snap today. XC race in a few weeks, I’ll be riding outside between now and then for sure. Riding mud is a skill.

3 Likes

1 Like

Little bit of everything today. Getting the gravel setup dialed in and my legs used to riding again after a short break. Beautiful 70 degree day here in Dallas.

1 Like

Whoops, didn’t see this thread before posting in the other one.

My wife and I got out for a medium length ride around the Shropshire lanes in the UK today. Certainly weren’t aiming for any pace or distance records, just nice to be out.

windy, but hit an hour at 95%

Avg Max
Speed 20.1mi/h 43.2mi/h
Heart Rate 139bpm 201bpm
Cadence 76 143
Power 300W 835W
Calories 1,862
Temperature 48℉
Elapsed Time 1:43:35
2 Likes

Today’s ride was on Mountain Bike trails near Toledo at Oak Openings Preserve Metropark. Sandy trails swooping back and forth between oak and pine trees. Not much climbing but it was a beautiful day and a ride outside.

3 Likes

20 mile loop around the house last night. The weather was near perfect. Impressed that I could stay in that endurance/tempo pocket considering how many hills there are.

5 Likes

Evening spin down the local towpath, it was -2C, flat and deserted so a great spot to do an outdoor workout!

4 Likes

Straight hammer fest! Faster than I’ve ever gone before. My IF was 1.115 which makes me wonder what my outdoor FTP is. NP was 176 and my FTP is 158

2 Likes

Lovely day on the bike in South Wales today. Can’t believe I’ve not ridden here for seven years!

Screenshot_20200110_194828

5 Likes

Cold ride up hartside for me today

5 Likes

Afternoon weekend ride - first part includes one lap around Mount Panorama 6klm motor racing circuit - a public road most of the year - best bicycle lap according to Strava held by recently retired local ex world tour/TDF rider Mark Renshaw - somewhat quicker up the hill and down the straight as seen in the photo than I can achieve. Great road surface for cycle riding though. This ride is about the first third of the upcoming Bathurst Cycle Classic in March 2020.

Screenshot_2020-01-12 Afternoon Ride Ride Strava
Uploading: 20170604_145111.jpg…

3 Likes

Shelby Forest Memphis TN…bike race training has begun!!! My ego can use all the kudos I can get, that was hard! If you end up following me Let me know you’re from TR so I can follow your workouts as well!! Cheers!

https://www.strava.com/activities/3008997176

2 Likes

I was ment to do Wright peak today…but I managed to come second in a crit yesterday ( best result so far ) so treated my self to a steady plod around on the mtb with the other half instead !

6 Likes

Managed a 35km ride this morning on the old Vitus. Don’t let the sun fool you, it was very cold in the UK.

4 Likes

I did a 200km audax yesterday. Passing through Wells, The Somerset Levels, along the Bristol Estuary, up to Gloucestershire and came back down through Bristol, Bath and the Two Tunnels (UK). Black ice everywhere with a low of negative 4 Celsius, average 1 Celsius.

6 Likes

20+ mph winds made for a challenging ride. Legs were still pretty tired from yesterday’s TR session

2 Likes

Flat, foggy and 40F / 4C ride yesterday in what I like to call “half way between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe, in the middle of nowhere.”

Saw some Golden Eagles, again, but our small group of 7 was all business putting down the miles and no time for pics. Rode over the Sacramento twice, my tires got a little squirrelly on the wet steel grates of Freeport Bridge’s lift section. Can do without that type of excitement in the future :upside_down_face: although I live for riding outside and it was an awesome morning.

2 Likes

Nice conditions yesterday. Some soft spots, but it doesn’t hurt when you fall :snowflake: :sunglasses:

10 Likes