What's with companies making terrible Calendar updates today?

First Garmin Connect decided to drop all the activity colours and make everything have this thin vertical green stripe on the side of all activities and now TR has made the green checkmark circles this faint green check that’s barely noticeable and also moved it and the activity type icon next to the activity name, which is already short on space and gets truncated enough without that stuff there (there’s plenty of room next to the duration where it was before). :rage:/rant

2 Likes

I’ve just seen this and have to agree that the green check and the red activity icon now take up far too much of the already minimal space on the calendar…

Lol. In the other hand I like where the trophy for new PRs has been move. I think that is also new, right?

2 Likes

Yeah that does look good. Maybe I need to get more pb’s lol

1 Like

Also why did they make the workout/activity preview wider? It’s horrible to be honest, it looks like the wide Putin meme

+1 on that. I don’t mind the changes… I’m sure they’ll fix the “wide Putin” issue :joy: If you see my screenshot, the Strava map is indeed stretched

2 Likes

I’ve a few skipped workouts recently and those now appear greyed out which is better than the previous “skipped” text.

2 Likes

The GC changes bother me more than the TR ones. The Forest Green and Purple colour scheme is not doing it for me AT ALL.

PLEASE bring back the big green checkmarks for completed workouts! :pray: I’m old and I can barely see these new checks :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Having “slept on it” I think the TR changes are a step in the right direction, and if I hadn’t noticed the faint green check mark I may not have even noticed the change - - the change is more noticeable as the screen size shrinks though and I still think the activity icon and check mark should be next to the duration info rather than next to the activity name since that gets shortened enough already. The old checkmark would be better too.

The Garmin Connect change still really bugs me though and has no redeeming features. :joy:

ETA: Here’s an extreme case of the TR calendar viewing it in desktop mode on my phone (how I normally view it) - - down to 1 letter on activity names of completed workouts now… :joy:

Here’s what GC looks like… :face_vomiting:
20201014_055908

It used to look like this with user selectable colours for activity types:

1 Like

I’d argue that it’s more important when looking back at a calendar to know the type of activity. Is it a spiky VO2, and long consistent endurance ride, etc. Outside workouts should show the power visually, as for indoor ones.

Granted, it will look less structured, and is likely to be unusually shaped. But it would be a great design problem to solve, to encourage adherence to the prescribed shapes.

for the week above, the ‘4x poo hill repeats’ is actually raymond +7, with pretty good adherence. Outside workouts are treated as ‘second class citizens’ by just getting a map display on the calendar view. Can it be done better?

1 Like

Does the data access agreement between TR and Strava require acknowledgement on every activity, in every display location? If not, please remove the icons as the strava credit is certainly less important than the activity title. Thanks!

4 Likes

When did this HUGE time start appearing on a workout that is manually added to the calendar?

It looks totally out of place and spoils the calender view. Please hide that.

Manually refresh the page(f5 for windows, cmd+r for mac) worked for me. I encounter this update while I was adding my workouts. Saw that hideous timestamp but refresh the page seem to be remedy.

This should be fixed anyway… for me it says 12AM

1 Like