What workout did you do today? (2022)

9 Likes

Felt awful
But got on the treadmill

8 Likes

One meh down, and another to go, then VO2Max, threshold, and sweet spot as far as the eye can see.

Seems criminal that VO2Max feels so good, and comes with days of recovery baggage.

6 Likes

Woof, this was a lot harder than I expected. Train now chose this for me and I thought it would be a piece of cake. Might be that I haven’t done a lot of VO2max lately.

9 Likes

Most of this year, I have just ridden in Z1-Z2 and just kept adding on volume (starting at 53 minutes my first week, and aiming for 17-18 hrs this week; “hours per week” is still my preferred metric). Now, working with a coach, I am starting to introduce a bit of intensity. First, some tempo intervals, and now a bit of SS. The goal for this workout was to get my average HR into the range of 151-156 bpm during the 4x12 intervals.

I have basically zero experience with SS so I didn’t know what to expect, or how my HR would respond. I set the first interval to 315w (my AI FTP is 316) to get my HR up quickly. I made it through 11 minutes of that interval before my HR average hit the high end of the targeted 151-156 bpm range, then lowered the wattage to 300w for the last minute to stay in that range. For the remaining three intervals, I just set it to 300w and they felt pretty good and I was able to keep the HR in range. I look forward to progressing the duration on these.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Looking forward to the next 247 times :wink:

5 Likes

I saw that too.

The 247th will be interesting for sure!

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’m closing this thread today. Here is the new one for the new year.

1 Like