What workout did you do today? (2022)

Tallac +2

I had to shuffle my calendar a little due to a business trip earlier in the week and another one upcoming but wasn’t feeling ready enough for Saturday’s VO2 workout after yesterday’s threshold. So I opted for Sunday’s sweet spot workout (Wright -2) but needed to use Alternates to find one that fit the time I had. As it was I shortened the recovery intervals due to taking a longer warmup (great tip, @runriderandi, I’ve used this several times since you mentioned it!). Shout out to @IvyAudrain and the TR team for providing such flexibility to easily adjust the training plan around life (eg calendar drag/drop, alternates, PLs, etc).

9 Likes

Yeah, I was trying to do a short vo2 block and had one more week scheduled but I think I’m done.

Wednesday was definitely very hard, so much so that I took yesterday very very easy instead of doing this yesterday. Then this today which I felt like may have almost been all out, but I have a hard time using that score :laughing:

1 Like

It’s funny, because I’m doin vo2 right now and begging for longer intervals haha! I need an “extend recovery interval +1 min” button

3 Likes

How many workouts did you have planned/get through?

I did the same last year. Planned nine, got through six (by memory), and I was cooked!

I’ve got the same thing plan hopefully this next three weeks, but I am more rested going into it :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

Let’s try Short Intervals illustrated in this study by Ronnestad

4 Likes

OOOH that looks like a great one! I’m going to make a note of it. Thanks!

1 Like

If you tell TR to add openers to your plan, this is one of the ones they will include. Or at least they do for me.

1 Like

Another one that was good for doing while watching music seminars.

7 Likes

Good to know! Thanks! I’ll keep it in mind for when I do a plan! I’m not doing a plan this year I kinda burned myself out with two straight years. My structured training is kinda unstructured these days!

1 Like

I did 5 out of 8. I may try to do one more but at a lower intensity and see if I can still hit the same near deathed-ness one more time!

1 Like

Denali +4

Six-minute VO2 intervals hurt. Went all-in on the 4th, cracked on the 5th, recovered for the last one.

14 Likes

Nice job coming back!

1 Like

Thanks. It helped that the last two intervals got easier (105%, 107%, 109%, 109%, 107%, 105%). It was that second 109% that did me in.

2 Likes

VO2 Block - Workout 1 of 9.

Having not done proper VO2 since November and having a VO2 PL of 1.2 I had to guess a bit as to what my four-minute Power would be and what Level workout to dial up. The structure was perfect, though it was definitely tough. Made harder by still recovering from a minor cold. Usually I’d be pretty hesitant to do VO2 with any sickness, but it seemed well and truly above the neck and I’ve had to push Build around several times already this year. Hopefully I don’t take a step back because of it and can jump back in on Wednesday with Monterey.

9 Likes

Volunteer -1 (30 min, avg power 104 W)
Not been on the bike or done any meaningful exercise since January.
Now, 3 month after the traumatic birth of my firstborn (thankfully baby and partner both ok) - finally managed to get back on.
The road is going to be long, the watts are way down and the kgs the most I’ve been.
Still, gotta start somewhere!

9 Likes

Congratulations on the new baby! Very happy your baby and your partner are both ok. Welcome back!

Extreme newbie here – in it for fun and the numbers go up game. :smile:

Gendarme-6, first ride after ramp test. Ramp test did not go as I expected, took 36min. Accepted the result and letting TR platform drive my program. Super excited to see where TR and I can go this next year.

14 Likes

I said I was done with the vo2, but decided to do just one more. And now I can say for sure that I am done with this block. Fatigue is high, motivation is low. Time to do a few fun rides before I start really getting ready for next year!

9 Likes

Great way to start a recovery week!

7 Likes

Sick! Thanks for the props, glad you’re making the most of these features. Keep up the good work! :metal: