What workout did you do today? (2022)

Recovery week. Yawn.

Every single time this is the week I have no motivation to ride and very high motivation to eat all the foods. Which was never a problem, because I hovered around race weight back then. Now though I am trying my hardest to get back down there, so the interest in eating a lot more food this week but burning way less calories is hard :sweat_smile:

I canā€™t wait to get my new FTP next week!

Oh, but I still need to pick a training plan tooā€¦:thinking:

9 Likes

Lachens

I bridged the short rests to turn this into 3 x 20 / 4 at SST.

9 Likes

Rounded out my recovery week.

Got anxious and took my ramp test today too, ie. AI FTP Detection. It was scheduled for Tuesday, but figured nothing will change between now and then. Iā€™m disappointed in the number. Iā€™m at 182 and it put me at 186. However, 2 weeks ago I checked it and it put me at 192. I declined at the time because I was enjoying the very long intervals. Iā€™m just not sure why it went down over the last two weeks as Iā€™ve done all the workouts, except I do free ride for my recovery week then match the workouts. I would imagine that wouldnā€™t affect it. Oh well!

I think Iā€™ll put it to 192 anyway :sweat_smile: and gotta choose a training plan. Will probably go back and do both sweet spot bases again first, then maybe Iā€™ll have an idea heh

8 Likes

Some days you are the hammer ā€¦ and some days youā€™re the nail!

This one felt miserable and was a battle from the first increase in Power. I ended up with 90minutes at 88% but it was far more of a fight than it should have been. A few possible reasons/factors, but Iā€™m hoping just a temporary blip on the recovery from Covid.

Off to lick my wounds and head back to the drawing board.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s still a solid workout - well done!

3 Likes

Looking Glass, outside - 3x20 at 75-90%. That was fun.

4 Likes

Terrible Tuesdayā€™s continues with more 30/15s. Had to take a couple back spins there at the end.

7 Likes

Opted out of Sweet Spot today. Should have gone outside but things conspired against me.

It actually felt good, and I think it was a good choice as far as my nagging scratchiness.

9 Likes

What did you do at the end here? Did you extend your cooldown by 30 mins and then just choose to put out more power than prescribed (presumably not in ERG mode)? Iā€™ve not thought of doing that.

I often extend the warm up by 15min and allow myself to ramp into it. Usually takes me a few minutes to get going.

Same with the end. Just using ā€œextend cooldownā€ to add 15min.

I never use Erg mode. Only resistance. So just pedal harder/easier, and shift gears.

1 Like

5 hours indoors? OUCH!

1 Like

Alpe du Zwift pace bot ride, joined Bot Beth in the Bā€™s

Didnā€™t expect to hang on for a 59min climbā€¦ especially as it was +30ā€™c in conservatoryā€¦
Accelerated backwards off the group (Dropped!) with 9 corners to goā€¦Averaging a ride a week isnā€™t doing much for bike fitness, concentrating on Ultra running event next month. Regardless, finished ADZ in 65 minutes managed 30 minutes at threshold and then dropped to comfortable pace, would have loved to have done this when I was doing 4 to 5 rides a week.

Intervals ICU has me down for a 290W FTP on that effort, did have more in tank I know I could have done another 5 corners with group, but didnā€™t want to go that deepā€¦so Iā€™m happy Iā€™m in the rough ball park for stated FTP and future workouts.

9 Likes

Did some Dialed Health TRX and then good old Baxter.

7 Likes

No Petit, Beach or Andrews.

Commuted W/TH/FR with TH and FR being ā€œlong way home ridesā€ in nice weather. Also rode with #2 (8) to our last soccer practice of the season so got another half hour of just being out in nice weather, on my nostalgia 26" wheel, 24" sized jumbo MTB. Saturday and Sunday off b/c of 9 organized activities to chauffeur our three kids to on Saturday, and then hosting 21 kids for #3ā€™s 6th birthday party at the house.

Mixed office/TW week:
I had originally placed a 20minute test on the calendar for Monday in front of Tuesdayā€™s Ramp test, thinking Iā€™d be TW and/or off for a dentist appointment, but I ended up having to go in. Commuted and didnā€™t feel like a ripping test when I got home. Just rode Kitumbeine (45 minutes Endurance 1.7).

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 7.59.12 PM

Had pushed 20 minute test back to Tuesday (TW day) , but the garage door guy showed up late, etcā€¦ No ride.

Today (Wednesday) was an impromptu in-office day, so I commuted. I couldnā€™t push the assessment any further, so I did the 20 minute protocol when I came home after commuting. 2022 PRs from 9min45sec out to 38min. Bumped up about 2%. I was hoping for another 1% or 2% since Iā€™d skipped an assessment not that long ago, but Iā€™d also skipped some workouts, or shifted them around, so I shouldnā€™t be surprised. Iā€™m still down a ways from my all time PR, and up about 2kg, but Iā€™m up on season match for all time.

Also, lesson learned, when your 5 year old Mac has been telling you to get the battery serviced, donā€™t trust the battery for a workout, just walk up the 8 stairs and grab the charger before starting the assessment. Fortunately I made it all of the way through the 20 minute block and it died during the cooldown. (Iā€™ll e-mail support because when I plugged it back in, resumed and finished the workout I never got the ā€œaccept new FTP promptā€).
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 8.12.52 PM

I have accepted adaptations and have Baird +4 ( VO2 6.8 as a stretch) tomorrow. Weā€™ll see if that gets pushed to Friday cause my quads and hammies are protesting todayā€™s effort. With gasoline in my area at $6 US, Iā€™ll commute Friday either way, out of pure smugness, so I might look for a mid-6 VO2 thatā€™s only an hour rather than 75 minutes if I do push it.

Brewpub ride already on the calendar for Sunday.

8 Likes

Yesterday I met an old friend I thought AT would keep me away from. With sun, 21 degC and 100% RH I wasnā€™t planning on the trainer, but ā€œlifeā€ happened. My friend almost killed meā€¦

9 Likes

Weird session. Parts of it felt super easy, the block at ~94% felt not so easy.

Disappointing/frustrating drop out from my new Garmin Instinct 2 broadcasting HR. I crashed the trainer (slipped off the pedal and smashed my leg into bike/trainer) while remounting :man_facepalming:, but I donā€™t know why that would cause the HR issues unless I banged the watch.

Rest week next week then Build :scream:.

8 Likes

Ouch! Glad the outcome was nothing worse

2 Likes

Truchas with the rest interval deleted! :muscle::muscle:

A SS 4.4 on Tuesday I dated hard, so this was nice to hit it on point.

7 Likes

Dang. This was so hard for me it made my calf cramp! I remember this being a favorite. How could I have ever liked this?

Earlier this week, I had nice fairly easy suggestions from Train Now:

It could just be the length. I have grown accustomed to 30 minutes on the rollers. But my trail rides on the weekend are like 2 hours. Weird that 1 hour of Twin Peaks was so rough. Proud I eeked it out. Have a super weekend!

8 Likes

An hour at .93 SHOULD be hard! Congrats on nailing it.

5 Likes