What workout did you do today? (2022)

All I have to say is Keith tried to kill me today …

Was actually pretty proud of myself. Don’t know how many times I told myself I’d quit. Did extend a couple of the rest periods by a minute or so but did all the work straight through. Gotta say, the instructions did carry me through a bit. Also, watching stage 20 of the Giro helped! They were suffering way more than me!

11 Likes

my leg already cramped just by looking at it.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get back to being able to do back to back workouts on the weekend. Sunday ends up having to be a recovery ride. A couple weeks ago, I did my 90min hard Saturday workout and failed monitor the following day. I couldn’t even do one interval my legs were so tired, and my SS level was over 7 :sweat_smile:

Should I just keep riding on Sundays, even doing the chill ride and hope eventually I’ll be able to do moderate workouts on Sunday after a hard Saturday? Or am I just missing something :thinking:

FWIW, the last time I was able to do the back to back was exactly a year ago :joy: so maybe I need more than 12 weeks to adapt to this

8 Likes

Recovery week. Yesterday couldn’t do the workout so did both today. First time doing 3 hours on the trainer. Not feeling to great after. Going to avoid doing this ever again.

6 Likes

Make Sunday a recovery day. As you regain your fitness you can add in some time at SS.

2 Likes

We’re all different, but I prefer to do a hard ride on Saturday, then do a long Z2 ride on Sunday, then take Monday off.

1 Like

I think this will be the plan for now. I don’t want to attempt SS and not be able to do it. It’s too deflating to my ego right now haha

If I could find the perfect saddle, I would do a much longer ride on Sundays :pensive:

I haven’t been outdoors on my road bike since summer 2019, so who knows how I’ll feel outside!

1 Like

Nice work!! That’s a tough one very well executed!

Good step in the right direction. Left FTP as it was but dialled up a lower level SS. HR slightly high and endurance down a bit, but RPE and breathing were right where I’d think for a “moderate” SS workout.

10 Likes

Have you tried the Specialized Power Pro with MIRROR? It’s the same shape as the S-Works version, which is a little different than the rest of the Power lineup. The 3D printed material and slightly different shape make it much more comfortable for me. Not cheap, though.

I’ve read part of the thread here and have given it thought. I don’t think specialized offers the same return policy they used to years ago, so I’m not sure I want to take that risk just yet

what do you guys think of this? is the cool down too long? basically it is 45 mins doing z1…

Today was a day off, but my beautiful little butt of a child woke me up at 445am pouting. I couldn’t go back to sleep. Figured I might as well ride my bike. This week is recovery, and I’ll probably just take a couple days off in a row. Buuuuuut I’ve always wanted to try this type of workout, so I gave it a go. So hard. I don’t like it, haha! Now I will recover for the rest of the week :muscle:

8 Likes

Specialized website says they do 30 days return on used and undamaged items, but for credit, not refund.

I think it just depends on what you’re trying to get out of the workout on that day.

Nice work! I know it was hard (look at that IF!), but short. Just be careful you don’t unintentionally sabotage your recovery week. You’ve been staying consistent!

1 Like

Byers Peak -4

I was hoping to go climb Mt. Weather in the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia, but plans changed at the last minute so I settled for a virtual Alpe de Zwift climb with 3 x 12 threshold repeats. It was probably for the better because I got a “critically low battery” alert on my rear derailleur soon after starting. I probably could have switched the front and rear batteries and been fine on the ride, but a “mechanical” would have matched my previous ride up Mt. Weather where I broke my rear shift cable. :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Something weirdly named “Big Koniuji Island”, outside - 4x10-13mins @88-92%. These always look like a big squiggle on the graph, but got all 4 intervals pretty much at the right average power, not bad considering the terrain and stop signs and all. Last interval got cut off - on the Garmin 520, auto-pause does not pause the workout timer, and forgot to hit pause at one of the rare traffic lights in the ride. Dumb “feature”.

5 Likes

I agree. I hate that the computer auto pauses, but the workout doesn’t.