What workout did you do today? (2021, part 2)

Hot springs yesterday- after a fairly easy week due to feeling a bit tired from work so ended up pushing things back a few days.

Last intervals actually felt easier than the first few (weird).

Tagged on a bit of a longer warm up and cool down to hit the two hour mark.

7 Likes

Eichorn +1 was in my calendar tonight. I think I need to update my FTP though. I did 241w relatively sustainably for circa 85% max HR. If that’s my sweetspot my FTP should be around 260w (not 250w) :thinking: That is what I used (260w) over Christmas and at the start of the year but I found ERG would strain things in my legs too much on some work outs; tonight I again ran with ERG off and that’s not an issue :thinking::thinking:

After I finished I booted up the email to find out I’ve been added to AT, so hopefully the FTP thing becomes academic :+1:

7 Likes

Saddle Mountain last night. Actually wasn’t feeling too great but decided to give it a go anyway. HR was higher than it ought to have been during the low power parts of the workout but in the end managed to complete without any real problem :grin:

8 Likes

Had a go at Sill this evening. Generally I’ve found over-unders to be particularly tough, with psychological failure being the culprit.

Hung on during the last interval and interesting to see that my cadence dropped across the course of the workout; albeit my HR seemed to be reasonably balanced.

Pleased I managed to complete it successfully and tagged on some extra L1/L2 at the end for a longer cooldown.

10 Likes

Not sure about my judgment today.

I started with Eichorn +1 and it was kinda hard.

So then I was looking for a nice 30 minute endurance ride to cool down, but I saw San Joaquin -5 and I thought “it’s -5, it must be easy!”

I was so wrong.

I guess I really need to work on my anaerobic ability.

9 Likes

Wilhelm +1

The temperature sensor on my trainer was out of commission this morning so the trainer was about 3% lower than my power meter pedals. They usually track within 1% (I do not use PowerMatch) so these were more like 110-111% instead of 108%. That’s my excuse for bailing on the 5th interval (and I’m sticking to it). :thinking:

8 Likes

Not too sure whether this still qualifies as base. :joy:

8 Likes

Antelope -1

Plus one more interval because I slept in a little and forgot to find a two-hour alternative. Trainer was reading a little low today (versus high yesterday). I think and hope it’s due to performing yesterday’s spin downs when the trainer was relatively cold. Will monitor tomorrow.

8 Likes

Completed this last Wednesday. Wasn’t sure how this would go considering 3 minute VO2max intervals are soul crushing (I’m looking at you Short Off!!!). However, at only 105% FTP these went pretty well for 3.5-3.75 minutes! The longer rest intervals also helped a bunch. Next time these appear on the schedule I don’t think I’ll dread them as much. :slight_smile:

This past Sunday I completed my first open water swim-only event, a 5k called Swim to the Moon! Guesstimated it would take me about 1.5 hours and finished within a few seconds of that at with an official time of 1:30:13. I’ll need to work on stroke balance and strength work before another adventure lie this one. Planning to race this again in 2022 either as 5k or step up to the 10k.

New training week begins. Time to focus again with the goal of, once again and for the first time, completing all scheduled workouts.

7 Likes

The plan threw up this one yesterday.

I imagined it wouldn’t be too bad given the lower % of FTP - basically a mid level sweetspot power. I was surprised how much leg ache I could feel by midway through the final interval. :joy:

7 Likes

I flew to Tempelhof Airport for tonight’s workout Mount Field. It was my first adapted work out and my first since a 10w bump in my FTP and I was quite pleased that my HR never drifted in the SS and I was comfortably over target :+1:

9 Likes

Scheisse!!! Waaaay to hard! :see_no_evil::grin::rofl:

10 Likes

A rare summer time indoor workout. Oddly satisfying to see the PL’s move up even though it was just a moderate workout. Can see where that is going to be addictive when training moves back inside this winter.

8 Likes

It has been a glaringly long time since I posted in here. With the AT beta, outdoor rides, races and work being so crazy, I’ve just not taken the time. But today… Today I did Devil’s Crag and the devil reared its head. High HR and some legit leg burn on these ones. But at least I’ll be ready to climb some mountains come October!

11 Likes

I tried to do my best @Nate_Pearson impression.

Unfortunately for me, it didn’t feel like Sweet Spot.

Still pretty satisfied with it. Excited and nervous about McAdie+5 on Friday :grimacing:.

10 Likes

Tallac -4 - Sweet Spot 4.1

Have cut down to low volume as I’m enjoying my running and hoping to increase time on that, but still nailed this one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Pettit was in my calendar tonight so I took a wee trip down Bullock Rd to the Washingley cross roads before the light faded. The wind must have been a wee bit harder on the way out so I had to loop into the Orton Wistow distributor road to finish before I got home. Even then I had to do a loop of the park car park and access road.

7 Likes

Geiger Sweet Spot 4.5

Rest came at wrong point whilst passing through Titan grove, so I delayed it… then I put foot down a bit to finish Tempus Fujit!

Rest day ahead, will do a relaxed 2,000M row followed by a 5km walk :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Tunshu: 8.8. Breakthrough ride.

This is the last week of my Build block. Switched out to this ride to see if I could really push it this week. Totally crushed the workout. Last interval felt harder but not a problem. Definitely feeling as though this build block really improved my muscular endurance which has always been a weakness. Actually excited for the ramp test in 2 weeks.

11 Likes

My kind of humor, a productive sweetspot workout early during base with an IF of 0.96. Apparently, Skynet is close.

10 Likes