What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

Good luck!! :+1:

Try to have fun…

Good luck, smash it :+1:

Eclipse

1 1/2 weeks left in SSB-HV I, then onto GB-MV. After a year of HV plans and some burnout, I’m looking forward to seeing how I respond to MV. 1 - 1 1/2 hours is the max I can do on any given day during the week, hopefully will be able to add some Z2 time to the weekend rides. Also looking forward to trying some outdoor workouts for the first time once the weather turns.

14 Likes

15 minute warmup followed by Dicks +5, upped the last 22 minutes from Endurance to Tempo.

9 Likes

Wait what? This is an outdoor ride without coasting and steady power? How are you guys doing?

2 Likes

Tallac +3

Went pretty smoothly despite not music doping today because I was watching the AT announcement on the podcast.

16 Likes

Carson +3 for me today. Lots and lots of lovely sweet spot, all just doable :slight_smile:
Uncomfortable backside at the end, so a couple of minutes out of the saddle in the last interval.

17 Likes

Dade +1. I was pushed for time this morning, so I did not do the last one. But just as well, as I doubt I could have finished it anyway. That was a killer. So really more like Dade +0.5.

16 Likes

Ground it out despite getting carried away on yesterday’s outside ride and having a crappy day at work - positive I guess…

20 Likes

Thought this felt easy … then looked at the TSS and IF and saw why. Lol

16 Likes

Fang Mountain + 1 for me today:

Hard work but I did it OK. I forgot it was 1:15 long, so when we got to the hour I expected it to end…when it didn’t I had a crisis of motivation that led to a two minute pause, then back on it.

18 Likes

Short custom workout after taking the past three weeks off to let my body regroup and recharge. I’m pretty much starting over again with covid recovery after things went off the rails. At least I’ve learned my new limits until I get to learn them all over again anew the next time it goes to shit. No outdoor running for the foreseeable future and more days off is the plan. Limit intensity to intervals of only 30 sec. above threshold or 60 seconds at. Keep a tight lid on TSS. Maybe take every other or third week as a recovery week and just do less.

16 Likes

Quite a day, watched the Tour of the UAE this morning, obviously the big announcements on the Thursday pod led to the goodness, and the jo-job I made some headway against two things I need to hustle on. So, it was a Lemarckable day!

Yeah, Lemarck was on the schedule. Given the V02Max workout o’ the week had me in severe distress and I generally considered the threshold workouts more difficult than V02Max I was worried. Still what to do but throw over? So throw over I did!

The warmup was fine and then the first interval came and it went. Not too bad. The second interval came and yes it was more difficult, so I performed some backspinning in the rest interval. The third interval same same, and I was facing the last interval looking forward to getting it over with but with confidence. At the end I gave it a good high speed kick. Average power was over the target on all four intervals but cadence was not the ideal 85+ (at least not overall). As is usual I start low and cut the work evenly and shift up a gear each of those sub-intervals. Then usually on the last sub-interval I chop it up some more to get at least a bit of high cadence work in.

100 grams of carbs – a gel for 20 just before the workout started and then another 80 grams in 2 bottles of mix. Leconte is next and then a week of recovery and a ramp test I am sure is going to yield a new ramp test PR!

Lamarck!
Lamarck_20210225

18 Likes

Fletcher today, off tomorrow, going to attempt Richardson +3 Saturday

15 Likes

Double day Volunteer in the AM and Augusta in the PM

18 Likes

Ramp test and Sanford -2 for me… :smile:

17 Likes

Ticked off whilst listening to the Podcast, again :+1:

20 Likes

2x20 min at 386 W and 393 W. My all time best 20 min is 410 W, but it was last summer in the middle of racing season. Now I had studded tires at minus two degrees celsius and on icy road. The best 2x20 min I have done before was at 365 W avg. I assume that my CP60 would be around 360-370 watts now. I have not had really any good training this training season because I have been recovering of a concussion. Therefore I have not done so many longer rides as I wanted. I have just done 2x20 min or 2x30 min at 90-95 % of threshold when I had time. I am planning to race Unbound Gravel in 2022 if it is possible. So when the snow melts I am going to switch the training upside down and do a lot of miles.

11 Likes

NO COMMENT :wink:

18 Likes

None necessary when you see the ride name!

3 Likes