What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

McAdie +1. Last workout of SSB1. It was rough, but felt good to complete it.

18 Likes

Andrews this AM on my first week of TBLV1, been selecting these slightly longer versions since I have the time. I need to change saddle on my trainer bike as I’m peeking at those 2+ hour sessions coming up and my current saddle isn’t cutting it.

After a bad road ride (drivers) yesterday and poor sleep last night this one felt harder than it should. Didn’t eat for the first hour but took a quick break 1hr in to get in a Clif Bar which helped lower RPE a bit. I got in all my planned work M-F this week so tomorrow I’ll take a day off even though I feel eager. And Sunday I’m either going to slot in more z2 time, or I may re-test as I feel I’d really like to track the effect of this Traditional Base experiment that I’m doing; last test wasn’t optimal.

If one of my main goals is to simply feel better both on and off the bike, this has been a success so far. Although our group had a bad experience on our ride yesterday (drivers) I felt fantastic. Almost as if I had that extra gear to work with. I’m looking forward seeing if my numbers increase as well, but so far I’m really loving this TBLV with extras. Learning from previous mistakes and trying to slowly increase my volume, hence the rest day tomorrow.

15 Likes

If you have any joy, let me know. I’ve had a few saddles which have been fine on the road, but they are a struggle on the trainer.

1 Like

Nice and stable outdoors effort :+1:

1 Like

Leconte. Couldn’t have prepared better for this. Felt in good shape, great night’s sleep, well fuelled, properly hydrated, yada yada yada… and it still beat me to a pulp by the end. Brute of a workout. Anyway, just two more hours of SS to go before recovery week.

18 Likes

I did a 4x15 minute version last week with the unders at 90%. That one was great and I felt it was a bit too easy. Dunno if I was just in a bad place last night or that 2% made it that much harder.

4 Likes

Boarstone today…

15 Likes

Today i did Stromlo +7 which is 6x8’ 102%.
In fact it was planned yesterday but i couldn’t finish it (failled on the second interval!) because of too much caloris deficit that i made the day before. And after this failure i ate enough and today i tried in on the road (outside). It felt easy and rpe was pretty good comparing with trainer. I did 8 minutes on the flat road so it was hard to keep instant watt (because of inclines sometimes).

Btw my ftp is 320w and i should have done those efforts 325w but because of the road i just tried to keep it around 95-105%.

15 Likes

Nice work! I can’t even imagine having an audience for Bear. That one is ugly! Lol. Good job doing much as you did!

1 Like

Not my finest work:

But to be fair, I tried to warm up with Detling -3 again and it was probably too much.

Got to find my go to warmup

13 Likes

I almost died, but I never quit. Lots of All Time power PR’s. Thanks for listening.

19 Likes

Great performance there, well done for not quitting and a load of PRs as a reward!!

2 Likes

Workout number 2 for the day. Surprising comfortable after Phoenix this morning. Expected the legs to be a bit dead but was fine. Funny how sometimes the legs feel fresher on a double day, whereas you might have aches on the first workout after a rest day.

13 Likes

Totally. Currently running a Fizik Antares VS, gonna try a WTB SL8 (because I have it on hand), or a Rocket (my go to on the MTB), if that fails I’m going to try an Ergon. The Antares is fine on the normal shorter outdoor rides I do on the road bike, but for these longer sessions I need something else. Chamois are in good shape so it’s not that.

2 Likes

After getting home just before my carriage turned into a pumpkin last night. (Designated driver).

6 days on the trainer this week. Pretty happy with how my legs have held up.

15 Likes

Pedalling down the hills? You’ve done well to locate a route that allows you to do this

2 Likes

It beat you to a pulp? Well by the looks of it, you nailed it

1 Like

This time, nailed it. Last time: aborted. That’s progress

18 Likes

Darwin, got through it.

5 Likes

The graphic exaggerates the slope. It’s a more or less dead straight road which has about a 2% gradient so you can safely pedal hard

1 Like