What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

We must be at the same place on the same plan, I had the same workout!

3 Likes

Took some extra sleep yesterday morning so I did my work after work. Collins, second workout in the plan so far.

15 Likes

That’s so funny, the IG algorithm has already been suggesting you as someone I should follow.

1 Like

:astonished: How come?

I think it does it because we both follow TR people and our posts reference triathlon? This is what I get.
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 8.36.33 AM

1 Like

Facebook/Instagram creepy surveillance and profiling algorithms.

3 Likes

Yes, this could be a whole other thread/forum.

1 Like

Being near Silicon Valley and having friends that work for social media companies, we’ve been talking about it in our house for 10+ years. The movie ‘The Social Dilemma’ is worth a watch if you aren’t up on the subject.

3 Likes

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 16.18.39

4 x 8 min @100 - 103% FTP

14 Likes

3x20 @97% today after ditching the suprathreshold intervals I had planned (last week’s crushed me). This one wasn’t too bad, but as one of my most commonly done workouts, it was a bit harder than I remember. Been feeling a bit fatigued since I started this block. Perhaps should’ve taken more recovery after my VO2 block…

16 Likes

Still worth a watch if you are up on the subject - it changed the way I manage notifications and recommendations from apps for me. Plus, Vincent Kartheiser (Mad Men’s Pete Campbell) as “the subject” was a hoot.

1 Like

A couple of days ago I said I had the chance to do a long indoor ride this week so changed plans away from SSBMV2 week 5 to accommodate. Well today was the ride.

We had a 6 hour window to ride in, and between working and riding I participated in a number of calls to support mental health awareness at my workplace focusing on the benefits being active can bring.

It was a very enjoyable day and a good base session ride, knocking out 200km on Zwift!

15 Likes

What was your heart rate like? I’ve been suffering from episodic heart palpitations for a few years now and it feels similar to what you’re describing: slightly elevated at rest, but feels like a plastic bag over my head if I try to put out any power at all.

2 Likes

First threshold workout with a new FTP midway through SPBLV. Went just about like you’d expect. Dropped the intensity of the 5th interval to 98% and glad I did, because I was seeing God by the last 30 seconds.

I’m wondering, are Chad’s in-workout comments about things like “getting aero” and doing “quadrant drills” supposed to feel like he’s taunting you as you hang on for dear life, tasting blood in the back of your throat?

15 Likes

4x20@97% so another day with 20 min intervals. More mentally than physically taxing but a lot of satisfaction after and the beer always tastes better :wink:

19 Likes

Free Ride 60
Just did the short TDZ at upper sweetspot… just the two laps but managed a full hour overall.

14 Likes

15 minute warmup followed by Elephants +5

17 Likes

Nice - time to bump that FTP me thinks :smirk:

Thank you. Done at 305W (current FTP 312, I didn’t updated this in TR for some reason). Maybe it went couple of watts, I will check after the block and maybe not test TTE but 30-40 min as I need it for WKO:)

2 Likes

My HR was up at VO2 max. It was so weird. I could not get on top of it. I’ve run for 35 years so my aerobic endurance is usually pretty good. I’m so sorry if you have to experience this too. It was rough! I was totally panting and putting out so little power. Kinda scary!

I think I was a fatigued going in and I think I really do best with a spikey warmup that drops back down before the work starts. It is almost like I have to prove to my legs they can do it, then let them recover for a sec. Today I experimented and did this one as a warmup:

And Hawk Mountain felt fine.

Hope you are feeling good today.

17 Likes