What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

Goddard -4, then 15 minutes Z2.

The more and more I do this, the more and more I think accumulating extra time in Z2 in a somewhat fatigued state is the key (for me, anyway).

17 Likes

Climbing road race low volume day one in the bag

19 Likes

Mary Austin -1, while doing Tour de Zwift Stage 3 (Alpe du Zwift). Doing the two things that scare me on my trainer, at the same time. Pretty happy about how it went (except for the trainer just dropping off in the middle of the 5th set, requiring power cycling to return to life).

Ready for that famous last week of SSBLV2, the Spencer +2, Lamarck, Leconte sequence.

18 Likes

Dumpster Fire (aka Dicks +5)

5aa22d7456db5.image

Even my HRM gave up at times on this workout!

Really struggling with SusPB this go around. Looking back at my calendar, I did SSB-MV between SPB and SusPB. SSB-MV seems more like a build plan with at least one VO2 and one threshold workout per week. I think I’m getting burned out on intervals. Just need to survive another 1 1/2 weeks then recovery and a “real” base season.

19 Likes

Finished Fang Mountain +1 about an hour ago. Felt good after the first set, bumped it up to 104% for the second, and 105% for the third and fourth. The 6min recoveries felt way too low, I wish there would be a way to set a recovery % to use, I changed it to 130% during those. Rouvy course “Col du Pourtalet” worked out perfectly timewise, finished within ten seconds of the workout.

15 Likes

I modify all of the workouts in Workout Creator to add a longer, more gradual warmup and to increase the intensity during the recoveries (usually to around 65%) so that I don’t get too cold. Just have to be careful not to spend so much energy (not) recovering that you sacrifice the “work” intervals. I also shift out of erg mode to more easily change the recovery intensity. Not that this morning’s workout is a great example but you can see it right above your post. (FWIW, I don’t think recovering even at 40% would have saved me this morning.)

3 Likes

Finished Mary Austin -1 about an hour ago. To tired to post screen shot.
I’m not quite sure if I feel good about completing it with good compliance or still feel sorry for myself :rofl:

9 Likes

Week 5 of SSB HV1. Galena for the second time in three days. It felt quite hard on Tuesday, but really happy as it felt a lot easier tonight. HR 7-8 beats/min lower on average each rep. Rest week next week!

18 Likes

This gave me a stomach ache:

Actually, I was gasping for air so much that I couldn’t fuel mid ride, so I was ravenous this afternoon and ate everything in the world and now I have a stomach ache.

I need to learn to fuel mid ride better.

19 Likes

Antelope. I did the whole thing standing. Got tired of waiting and started sshv. 2021 is not stopping me

7 Likes

John McCririck for me tonight or as they say in Yorkshire Ebbetts. Or is it pronounced Ebb etts :thinking:

You can see (or at least I can) at the last segment of the 3rd 8mins block where a drop of sweat fell on my touch pad and minimised TR, the cadence dropped to 68rpm whilst I tried to restore it.

17 Likes

I had the pleasure of doing Avalanche Spire +1.

To be honest, for a 0.88 IF workout it was really rough. I had to take a few minute break after the last two sets.

I find my biggest struggle is less to do with fatigued legs and more with my HR going through the roof. I was able to mitigate this struggle a bit by disabling the HR display (thanks to the fine folks at TR for adding this keybind!).

Then, the cramps settled in half-way through making the pain that much more significant.

Tips and comments are more than welcomed!

20 Likes

Looks like a win to me. Really pushing your limits, which is what it’s all about!

6 Likes

The whole 1.5 hours standing? That’s a whole new level of masochism. :astonished::smile: I have to ask… Why?

3 Likes

Donner for me today:

as part of SSB LVII. Did well, much better than Tuesday’s shenanigans with Taylor-2 and all that on again-off again stuff.

15 Likes

Carpathian peak. Always a fun one. First time I’ve nailed it

14 Likes

Great question. I am unable to sit on the saddle. Rather then wait I decided to attack and dominate the season. I am unable to ride the rest zones due to the watts being too low and i lose my rhythm, so I do my interval and then wait a few min and attack the next interval. I am keeping the cadence between 60-75 revs. Crappy part is im 205lbs so its a bit of an effort

3 Likes

I did Bald Knob in last week of SSBMV. I don’t know why people look down upon this and Pettit. My legs were glowing by the end.

15 Likes

1x103@91%

Was planned to be 2x50@90%. Was also running the TdZ mountain stage, hoping to crack AdZ in under 60 minutes.(previous best was 64 minutes) 10 minutes into the first set I bumped it up 2%.rode that to the end of the interval. Since I was in an event I didn’t have the AdZ elapsed time and had no clue where I was. Decided to skip the recovery. At the start of the second set I bumped it up another 3%. Rode that until the final turn and cranked it up to 100% of threshold. Finished AdZ in 61 minutes, 13 minutes into the second set. Wasn’t feeling like death so dialed it back to the original intensity and finished it out there for a 1x103 minute interval at ~91%. Might not have got the AdZ in under and hour but I set a pile of ‘all time’ pr’s!

20 Likes

Didn’t want to get on the bike but discipline overcame lack of motivation. Dialed back the 3rd interval to keep RPE reasonable. My legs are pretty crispy this 6th week of SSB2MV (I pushed it a week mid block to complete Festive 500). Leconte is all that’s left…tomorrrow or Sunday night.

19 Likes