What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

If you can’t do 1x60 SS after doing 2x30, your FTP might be set a bit too high

1 Like

Clark
Back to normal routes on Zwift, climbed the Alpe and spent the final interval two minutes finishing my effort on descent, almost perfectly timed…

The ninety minutes passed by really fast, legs felt good.

11 Likes

Galena +1 (fail/bail)

Kind of a $%^& show this morning. Went to bed frustrated by work, woke up after only 4 1/2 hours, legs are fatigued from being in the last week of GB-MV, and was more humid this morning than all winter. Went for it anyway and it shows in the crumby performance. :angry:

10 Likes

Spickard +7 aka The New Mary Austin.
(see ‘All Rides’…0% success rate)

115%s came in @ 110%.

12 Likes

:grimacing::astonished:

Hmm 3x20 107% FTP (avg power). Yeah - seems like a legit workout :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wright Peak -6:

2x30 at 94/95% and AT-willing I’ll be done with 30-minute intervals for a bit now :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

10k easy-moderate run at morning.

Then breakfast and after couple of hours rest for bike session. Based on last weekend’s and this rest week’s workouts I decided bump my FTP 340->350W and test it with Lamarck

It went really nice. Ofcourse hard but absolutely doable, at the end of last interval hr was 92% of HRmax. Not even close failure. So i think that this 350W is quite good estimate for FTP for second part of build starting next week (I will skip ramp test at tuesday). Last 7 days average weight has been 68kg so maybe quite close that 5w/kg…

Plus some z2 (Beech)

I have increased my carb intake in my diet since last weekend and feel so much better/stronger again. Only negative thing is that the extra carbs are mostly from ice cream and other junk. Should stop that and eat more whole food!

11 Likes

WKO thought so, it bumped my FTP up 5w after I finished.

1 Like

Ramp Test tonight :grimacing:
Hard to feel motivated knowing that’s its probably gone down bit must be done, new plan starts Tuesday.

1 Like

No wonder. If you can finish it your FTP has to be too low. Great effort.

1 Like

Boarstone (partial)

Cut short due to life (really, just inadequate planning on my part). Might tack on an extra hour tomorrow to make up for it. We’ll see …

8 Likes

Screenshot_20210501-174032_Chrome

Carpathian peak +2 today, felt great, but it was tough to manage power and avoid the potholes :sweat_smile:

Excited for races to come!

8 Likes

Townsend on Friday to keep things ticking over - nothing exciting to report.

Yesterday, whilst not a workout, I had my first try-out ride yesterday with a new club. It was advertised as a training ride and came with a warning ref being a drop ride and pretty hard. The warning was spot on. It was head down from the gun, straight into through and off and then into the inevitable attacks and chasing down of mini breakaways. It was fantastic and essentially felt like 2 hour over-under session. Pretty happy with the data from the 2 hour ride. This is going to become my standard Saturday ride of sorts over the summer so now need to shift my plan to accommodate.

Legs feeling a little tired this morning so jumped in with some TrainNow recommended endurance - Brasstown.

Rest day tomorrow but its bank holiday here in the UK, so if the weather is good I will head out for some z2 I think.

9 Likes

Hunter
Didn’t have time yesterday for this and short of time today, so got it in by missing breaks, got the sweetspot time in, although some on the high side.

Had an extra 10 bonus minutes at end that I didn’t expect so put another little effort in.

9 Likes

That’s a solid effort - well done!

2 Likes

Baird Peak

Mismanaged my time yesterday so I got less than an hour of my two-hour endurance ride in. Did a much better job today and tacked on most of it at the end of Baird Peak. I didn’t get the full 65 minutes, though, as I failed to keep up the fueling during the endurance section and didn’t catch the bonk in time. Nonetheless, it was a good lesson (re)learned and increased saddle time in preparation for upcoming events.

9 Likes

Bluebell +2:

Plan Builder gave me a recovery week after two weeks of SSB2, so I’m wingin’ it for a couple days. Pretty tired today and the first interval in each of these sets felt like absolute death.

11 Likes

Did my Ramp and got a gain of +1 W !!! :smiley:
Warmed up with Roger and finished with Fletcher.

Actually, at 57 years old, I’m pretty happy to keep my FTP at around 3.5 w/kg. The past 6 weeks I’ve been toying with Polarized training and so training was a bit erratic. I was hoping to get to 240 w because the number sounds nice but poor sleep, slightly under the weather and most importantly, just not mentally there… maybe I’ll give it another go next Monday.

What is interesting is though my FTP didn’t get anywhere, I do find myself more able to do all the higher IF workouts, better quality sessions. Well, I guess repeatability is also important.

Have a great workout everyone!

10 Likes

6x3 VO2 (Spencer +2)…my legs are grumpy.

10 Likes