What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

This was pretty tough:

Basically a solid hour at low end sweetspot (0.85) with 6x30s bursts at 200% FTP; no recovery at any point. Really struggled to sustain the bursts beyond 20s and my legs just couldn’t generate the power by the last 1.

11 Likes

Did he just sit on, with no communication? Bad craic, if so!

3 Likes

Yip, he tagged on in the first 15min interval. I thought he would get bored in the 7minute recovery but he just sat there and continued to do so for the next 15minutes interval. No communication, not even a thanks for the tow.

1 Like

As a last resort, fake a mechanical :rofl:

It is extraordinary that people do just sit on your wheel, though.

3 Likes

Bluebell +1 in the morning

Jog in the afternoon while at kiddo soccer practice

8 Likes

Eichorn is not Finkel, finkel is not Eichorn.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Shortened the warm up and the endurance portion of the standard workout.

I certainly knew that I was working but, it wasn’t that bad. HR stayed bang in zone and the legs just kept on pushing.

Feeling really good at the moment and I have a race on my calendar in four weeks. Time to sharpen things up :grinning::+1:

10 Likes

Felt tired from my weekend ride yesterday, or maybe fatigue from Red Lake +8 on Saturday still hanging around so defaulted to Pettit yesterday morning to keep things in check.

Glad I did as it was Baird +6 this morning. All good but could certainly feel myself working. It never seems so bad after the fact does it, but that certainly stung a little towards the end of the final set…

12 Likes

Exactly. That said, there are some workouts that genuinely give me anxiety about 24 hours in advance, as I know just how awful they’re going to be! And then there are the ones that don’t look all that bad on paper, but just creep up on you…

5 Likes

Quite a nice day out there, just 1 deg C overnight but rose 12deg C. So I slotted the outdoors version of Carter into my calendar. I am not sure if there was still some of the side effects of Friday’s AZ vaccine in me raising my HR slightly but I never felt restricted.

11 Likes

Juneau -1. I was hesitating between this (from the SSBMV2 plan) or something shorter. Woke up early, so - kept it. Went well. Zwift ToW Stage 4 to keep me distracted, a good sound track, and the job got done without too much hassle.

14 Likes

Swim am bike/run pm

Elevation stats are false it was a flat treadmill 7.5km

11 Likes

This thoroughly sucked. Coming off a big ride on Saturday and still carrying some fatigue in the legs.

3x15m @ 98-100% FTP

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 2.11.28 PM

15 Likes

I love raspberry chews! What a difference they made to my RPE on my SS ride:

I was getting grouchy which I have learned means I need sugar, so after the third interval I ate a pack of chews and everything got better. I probably used up my glycogen in my warm up:

I might try to make a slightly less taxing sprint warmup.

Yesterday was Goddard — which I loved. What a fun one!

13 Likes

Bashful +1 for me today:

Did well. I’m re-doing Sustained Power Build because it got very untidy towards then end, so I retested my FTP and restarted it. I continue to be plagued my measurement system dropouts, in which I look the erg lock. Tech support has been about as useful as a chocolate teapot so far :sleepy:

15 Likes

Carillon

Due to house move and lots of DIY (just laid new floor 45m2 which included days of prep, angle grinding out fireplace half for that professional finish, cutting door frames etc) Finding consistent workouts an problem, have been so tired after an active day, hopefully pick up four workouts a week now that project is out of the way, going to take last week as my rest week!

Had lots of energy, did a tour of Watopia stage whilst doing workout, spot the volcano climb :upside_down_face: Legs felt good, intend to be more compliant with workouts this week now I’ve got that out of my system!

13 Likes

STROMLO + 3
Schermafbeelding 2021-04-14 om 11.31.54 :hot_face:

13 Likes

Swim

On business travel so no ride this morning, but I did get to a pool. Wrist-based HR actually tracked ok. Still haven’t found a non-Garmin BLE HRM that stays in place.

Warmup: 2 x 500
Main set:
3 x 200 with 150 paddle drills in between
3 x 150 with 150 paddle drills in between
3 x 100 with 150 paddle drills in between

8 Likes

Gros Morne indeed.

First time I’ve done a SS workout all year. Felt nice and appreciated the variety which makes time tick by much nicer. Funny thing about that, z2 can get a little dull and drag on, but anything threshold and above also feels like time stops. Maybe a bit of SS ain’t so bad? :joy:

10 Likes