What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

Skipping my scheduled run, legs tired.

12 Likes

McAdie

That was pretty rough. Legs were tired from Jack’s+1 yesterday so took them a bit to warm up and then they started to fatigue nicely as soon as they were😅. Great to get through, the rest of the week is handy enough now.

15 Likes

Carpathian Peak for me today:

Did alright. Measurement system is still dropping out unexpectedly. Gonna have to get medieval with it.

15 Likes

Wondering if I need to get a second HRM to verify this Wahoo tickr output, or rest day tomorrow will fix this lag…

14 Likes

It’s been real tough convincing myself to get on the bike, but I enjoyed it enough to tack on some additional endurance TSS at the end.

12 Likes

Had Seneca rocks on schedule yesterday, but got an invitation for a club ITT on a short strava loop. Ended up nabbing 2nd place

Climbs are not my thing, so I’m really pleased that I could hold my speed and keep gaining time on the stronger climbers.
Also didn’t feel completly drained in the end, and did not approach my max hr of 197. Maybe I could have gone harder the last 2 laps?

15 Likes

Nice and steady endurance this morning. Keep the legs ticking over in anticipation of my first team bash of 2021 tomorrow :+1:

13 Likes

Mokelumne + 1 for me this morning (another TrainNow recommendation). I normally prefer “busier” endurance rides but was nice to zone out and watch Stage 4 of the Itzulia between the activation sprints. Looking forward to my first time doing Red Lake +8 tomorrow but a little nervous at the same time :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Sandford last night - didn’t really love it tbh. Last minute felt a stretch, which is exactly the point i guess. I’ve noticed that with the progressions on the VO2 type workouts or supra thresholds, TR has been slowly increasing the length of time in zone by 30 seconds, which didn’t look like a lot when I read the description but in real life felt like a long time! This particular version i felt had recoveries that were a bit too long, but maybe thats why the last one was the cleanest! Trainer power went mid way through 1 interval which was a bit of a pain…

13 Likes

Andrews:

Watched The Wife. I think Glenn Close could make a recipe for hard-boiled eggs enthralling.

13 Likes

Carpathian Peak +2

Thankfully, I did not really look in advance at what was in store for me this morning. I started the workout and went - wait, these sets are how long??? Anyway, the first set went ok, the second felt like the last one I could do, and the third was painful to say the least. A couple of back-pedals allowed me to finish.

Glad this one is over. Can I go sleep now?

12 Likes

Mokelumne for me today…last day of this 1/2 week recovery.

9 Likes

Today was a custom 3x12 threshold workout with a proper warm-up. I actually think this might have made it easier than jumping right into the intervals after only a 5 minute warm-up, ala a normal TR workout.

What I found most interesting is the RPE:HR ratio. They definitely didn’t align today (perfectly ok with that). Only 2 minutes @ or above LTHR. Which seems low given these intervals were within 10w of FTP and the last one was 10w above.

11 Likes

Pettit after strength training. Nice to just spin after a few heavy days - felt lovely on the legs.

10 Likes

Just did Dutton from Polarized training ,wasn’t expecting to be doable, can’t wait for next.SSHV2 before from 238w to 270 with several missed trainings for rest,i skipped recovery period and went straight into polarized.

13 Likes

11 Likes

Mendel +1 for me this morning. This is similar to a workout I made up for myself years ago, but this one is probably a bit more precise than my version. There aren’t any instructions on this one, but I found myself telling myself to just break them down to 10 second sections and “don’t bail out early!”

15 Likes

Deseret - what a doozy.

13 Likes

A fun one today. Have a nice weekend everyone!

13 Likes

Three Fools:

I am not sad to finish the last 3x30 of the block, and I swear if AT starts pitching these at me again in Build we’re gonna have an abrupt conversation.

15 Likes