What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Dade +5 (fail)

Bluebell (partial)

I’m on the third week of SusPB. Legs are super tired. Gave up on Dade +5, opted instead for Bluebell.

Experimented with standard mode during the last set of intervals of Bluebell since I already had 20+ minutes at VO2 at that point and didn’t need (or want) to do the whole set.

Recovery week can’t get here soon enough!

11 Likes

I am so ready for recovery week, too! This sustained power build is really tough. Looks like a great idea substituting Bluebell for Dade and still getting the VO2 work done! Nice!

1 Like

Just finished my Ramp💀 weighed in @158.6 Ibs/71.9 Kg this morning. Going into 2nd half of general build mid volume now!

13 Likes

Thanks. I got the time in zone, but not the progression of increasingly longer VO2 intervals. I plan to attempt Dade +5 again during the first week of the next block. I don’t always retest FTP in between blocks, but if I do I usually do it at the end of the recovery week and redo the VO2 workout from week 3. I already had Dade +5 scheduled in week 5 before today’s failure. Details in the link below.

2 Likes

Well I said I was going to a workout to empty the tank for my festive recovery week. Turns out the fuel light was on before I got to the end of the street. Didn’t quite need to pick a 0.93IF 2:30 workout - made it halfway and ‘got spat’ just as the hardest bit started!

16 Likes

Fair play for even taking a run at that beast :muscle:

3 Likes

Kamikaze mission! It was quite enjoyable having so much variation in a workout. Not the sort of thing I usually go for at all - I got new PRs from 5:30 - 8:30 and definitely wasn’t ready for those kinds of effort! I’ll probably try it again sometime when I’m fresher to see how far I can get. Also sensing some VO2 max work would be massively beneficial for me!

2 Likes

Doing time crunched maintenance at the moment. Sessions are 45 minutes on the trainer which is keeping me interested, but the I.F is generally high. Onwards.

15 Likes

accidental double post

My New Year’s resolution is to work on not seeing an intensity reduction on some of the harder workouts as a personal moral failing.

18 Likes

I hate morning workouts.

20 Likes

Off to visit my partner’s family for the holidays so I squeezed this guy in before my rest week. Felt pretty good, excited for my next block after I return home

20 Likes

I hope the US Mansfield is more cycle friendly than the UK Mansfield. I can’t imagine 4 of them :scream:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-nottinghamshire-40974380

The 4th edition did seem more friendly :thinking:

I’m not sure Intervals.icu is identifying that Z1 interval correctly, I don’t Coggan’s zones are that closely spaced.

I probably need to up my FTP a bit though as I am managing relatively too easily the power zones in a lower HR zone. It does give a nice psychological boost though.

14 Likes

Whiteside +2. Some rest during christmas now I think :sleeping:

12 Likes

Substituted Bashful +1 for Bluebell today, I prefer the shorter 30s rest over the 1min in Bluebell. Bumped the last set up by a whole 1%. :sweat_smile: Was also interested to see how my cadence changed with each set. I kept it a little more constant in the first two, and in the last one I picked it up a bit more for each interval.

15 Likes

Wow!!! 73!!! That’s really really impressive!

2 Likes

I was supposed to do Stromlo +4, but I really didn’t like Stromlo +3, so I moved it to Christmas where I can “forget” to do it, and did my Friday SS workout instead today:

After VO2 max, SS is so kind, until about the fourth interval. Then it starts to be hurtful, too. :laughing:

15 Likes

A perfect workout for some tv time before work.

Sweet spot with lots of rest in between. Happy days.
I got bored by the last interval and managed to find the Neo2’s limits with low cadence/low flywheel speed. You get that with midrange MTB gearing sometimes.

205 workouts to go.

16 Likes

:partying_face: that vo2max!

2 Likes

Pettit for me:

This is the last week of SweetSpot Base LV1, so it’s not as demanding as the other weeks. Did well

15 Likes